Curtea Berarilor

9-11 Strada Şelari, Bucharest, Romania

Curtea Berarilor Bucharest Reviews

vickie-lou vickie-l…
Tucked Away May 09, 2013
My Romanian friend led me to this bar and I don't think I would have even seen it if I had been on my own. It is tucked at the end of a little alley in the Old Town district but it is perfect if you want to enjoy the good atmosphere without sitting out on the street with everybody else in the area as it has a secluded garden out the back.

The waiting staff are friendly and speak basic English and the food and drink are very cheap (in my opinion). For 10 beers, 5 cocktails and a main meal the bill came to around 170 lei (approx £35)...amazing! My Romanian friend thought this was quite pricey but I couldn't believe it!

The bar started off quiet when we arrived about 8pm but as the night wore on it got more and more crowded in the garden, proving this to be a popular bar with the locals. The food was sensational and my strawberry and vanilla cocktails were deliciously deadly as I didn't realise how strong they were until it was too late! I'd definitely recommend this bar to anyone looking for a nice hang out spot on a fine Bucharest evening.
sylviandavid says:
LOL... that's the trouble with the delicious cocktails.. so easy to overdo. They also had food? I love that.... in America it seems like the bars don't usually have food...
Posted on: May 09, 2013