Curry House CoCo Ichibanya

Yokosuka, Japan

Curry House CoCo Ichibanya Yokosuka Reviews

croga_travels25 croga_tr…
affordable and delicious curry Apr 26, 2012
First night i got to Tokyo i went to this restaurant right across street from my hotel. I love curry so i thought this would be good choice. The prices are fair priced about 800 yen or so, and the portion of curry is fairly big i had hard time finishing it. The staff was friendly and even brought me english menu to help me out. I would have to say this was by far the best curry i have ever eaten and will definitely go back many more times. I found out they are very common and see these curry house's a lot during my traveling in japan. They had many different choices of curry that all looked very delicious. If you are looking for looking for quick lunch for good price i would say keep your eyes out for the yellow signs that says Coco curry house! money well spent.
lulusartshack lulusart…
I dream of curry Jun 17, 2009
If you like curry, just a little bit, eating at a CoCo Ichibanya is a must! Of course, there's some other things to eat too, like salad, nan bread and... um... well... curry.

The curry is definitely the spolight of this chain. There are endless choices from eggplant, sausage, spinach, egg, pork/chicken/beef katsu, squid, crab patties... which you can top with crushed nuts, corn, bacon, poached egg... Customization doesn't end there, you get to pick your size, starting at 200g and increasing in 100g intervals (up to 600g I think...). A 300g or "regular" serving leaves me feeling like I'm going to roll home. There's 12 spice level to choose from as well: mild, original, and 1-10. I love the original, it's faintly spicy and super delicious. I have been told once you get into the "numbers" it tends to get really spicy.

Take-out is available (and a delicious option if you're catching the train at nearby Shiori station). The restaurants themselves are really clean and modern as well. I seriosuly ate there once and crave it all the time since.

Of the ones in Yokosuka, I know of 2 that are close to base. The closest one is across the street from the Daiei mall. They have English menus, accept US dollars and are open 11:00-24:00. There's a another shop near Yokosuka-chuo train station: go up Blue Street, make a left at the fork at the train station (away from the train station and the McDonald's), it is on the left side about 2 blocks down. This one doens't accept dollars, but it's open 11:00-02:00, perfect for post-booze snacking.

Check Yokosuka Hotel Deals