Currumbin Rock Pools

Currumbin, Australia

Currumbin Rock Pools Reviews

d2amy d2amy
Not kid friendly Dec 15, 2010
Reading about this place I got really excited about it. I thought that it would be very nice place to go and take the kids and just relax for an hour or to. How extremely wrong was I. The drive to get here is about 20 minutes or so, depending how crazy you want to drive on the narrow and windy roads of Gold Coast’s Hinterland.

There wasn’t much parking available, so on a weekend I could i

magine that it would be an utter nightmare. After finally getting the kids ready to get in the water I oon realized that swimming was not going to happen. It’s more of a large stream with a current that empties into somewhat of a tiny creek then a rock pool. It was deep (there were people diving off rocks 30 feet above into the water) and for kids who were only ok swimmers this was not the place to be.

Trying to salvage the afternoon and look for a little spot for them to swim, with no such luck, we headed home. Don’t go here with kids, and chances are you won’t want to go here with just adults either. Looked sort of dull. Of course, I’m coming from Canada where these sort of swimming holes are

Compare Coolangatta Hotel Rates (7.5km away)

Currumbin Rock Pools Map