Current Sushi

1215 Connecticut Ave, Washington, DC, USA

Current Sushi Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Trendy and over-rated Nov 07, 2010
I admit I am used to Sushi Jin where I can go and get free tea with my sushi; this place charged me $3!. The venue is nice and modern. A bar, dinner seating and a 3-seat sushi bar is all smooshed into one place. There's an upstairs, but I didn't go.

The menu of sushi is limited and even when I asked questions, they didn't seem to have a lot of variety. They said they could pretty much make anything that I could think of, but when I go eat sushi, I'm not sure I really want to think. I ordered some rolls that had spicy miso sauce, but I didn't really see any on my sushi. I didn't want the jalapenos, not because I don't like spicy food, I do, but its the texture I don't really care for. Since I was sitting at the sushi bar, I could see everything; the sushi chef told me it was pickled and proceeded to add it to my order anyway. Boo.

It looks like a nice place to go and sit at the bar or to order sushi if you don't have high expectations. It's just south of Dupont Circle, so I guess you could start here and then walk up to the circle or Ozio's or to Vapiano. For visitors staying near CT ave and 18th street, I guess it's an OK place to visit.
vances says:
Ever been to Sushi Taro? I used to hit this place ten years ago and I believe it is fairly close to DuPont Circle. It was excellent back then!
Posted on: Nov 08, 2010