Currency Card for Travelling

www.caxtonfxcard.com - 0845 222 2639

Currency Card for Travelling Reviews

kimpigott kimpigott
Prepaid Holiday Mastercards Jun 29, 2011
Had to share this with people as when I went travelling a couple of years ago this service wasn't available and I got stung with my bank in such a big way!

It's basically a cash card that does not charge you for withdrawing cash and you can get money paid on to it as well. I've seen quite a few places like STA offering the same thing but at a cost, I think STA is around £20. Plus the exchange rates are a lot more favourable.

This card you don't pay for, you just have to have an opening balance of £10 and the application process is so quick and easy. You can choose to have a US dollar, Euro card or Global. I have chosen the Global because of where I am going. I will update this review more as and when I get to use the card but needed to share this more than anything as a lot of people don't know about them.

It's a mastercard so can be used all over the world and there are no hidden charges so when you spend money - you actually spend the amount and that's it!

The balance remains in sterling and then converted live to the appropriate currency that you are requesting. It's also chip and pin so very secure.

Hope everyone finds this useful! :)
smithers8 says:
also, i was mugged while away and with cards like this they give you two. so when i was mugged i simply cancelled one card and enabled the spare one i had in my luggage which saw me through the rest of the trip without a problem!! great idea!!
Posted on: Jul 05, 2011