Cupnoodles Museum

045-345-0918

Cupnoodles Museum Yokohama Reviews

bensonryan bensonry…
Interesting history of a highly consumed Japanese product. Jun 18, 2017
Cupnoodles Museum is a museum located off the Minatomirai station in Yokohama Japan. At first glance from the outside, I didn't think much of it. But once inside, I found it the place to be quite expansive while simplistic at the same time. Indeed it is very spacious and the rooms could easily pack in a thousand visitors at once.

Entry is 500 yen a piece. Extra fees apply if one wants to create their own customized Cup Noodles dish with an entire cafeteria dedicated to visitors who want to create their own Cupnoodles recipe. I decided to decline on that offer as I was already on a full stomach. All the exhibits start upon entering the second floor. There are some visually stimulating modern art pieces dedicated to the subject matter. They were accompanied with a comfortable plush red theater displaying a heartwarming animation on the brief history of the product. An interesting biography in the theater was dedicated to the late Cupnoodles founder Momofuku Ando who was a Taiwanese-Japanese entrepreneur.

There is an customization cafeteria on the third floor. The fourth floor has a child's obstacle course and a full sized restaurant. There wasn't much else to the Cupnoodles Museum but it was a nice place to pass the time. As a surprise, I believe this appeals to the younger crowd. I would probably take my son there when he gets old enough to play safely on the top floor. This is a good recommendation for parents.
bensonryan says:
I can't believe it either. Outside looking in, I thought it was more of an exhibit.
Toonsarah says:
I can't believe there's a whole museum devoted to these things, even in Japan!! I used to eat them many years ago, until one made me decidedly ill :-(
starship1 says:
I used to eat CupNoodles for lunch a lot to save money. Still like them occasionally!

Check Yokohama Hotel Deals