Cuillin Ridge

Isle Of Skye, Scotland

Cuillin Ridge Isle Of Skye Reviews

davidx davidx
UK's hardest walk Jul 28, 2010
Let's be clear - I am not the David mentioned in the website I have never actually walked the whole ridge and I don't recommend it to anybody other than experienced climbers. I have however been up various peaks along the ridge, of which Bruach na Frith is actually quite easy. This can be ascended from Sligachan, as can the harder Sgurr nan Gillean.

There are three other reasons for being wary of the ridge, even if you have the necessary climbing ability. Drink will be limited to what you take with you - there is no water on the ridge. The weather can change very rapidly indeed and fog is common. Lastly, if you do loose vision of the area, your compass will be useless due to metallic featues of the volcanic (long ago!) rock.

Having said all that - and it only covers summer walks - I have no doubt for those who have the health and skill it is as good a walk as you will find anywhere - and if you don't feel up to it, see if you feel like tackling some peaks on it and look along. I admit it brought tears to my eyes.

Check Isle Of Skye Hotel Deals