Cube Houses (Kubus Woning)

Rotterdam, Netherlands

Cube Houses (Kubus Woning) Rotterdam Reviews

sethisuresh sethisur…
Cube Houses Jul 02, 2012
The cube houses in Rotterdam are worth visiting. These were built by Piet Blom, a Dutch architect. From the outside, it looks like the people living in these houses live on inclined floors! A row of these houses are built on columns so that the space under the building can be used by public. Since they are residences, it may not be possible to go inside and have a look. The area can be reached by Metro. Also, there are nice nearby locales by water where one can relax over a drink. I will add my photos of these houses at a later time.
sethisuresh says:
Posted photos of Kubuswoning (Cube Houses), Rotterdam.
Posted on: Jul 03, 2012
tcatto tcatto
Cube Houses Jul 21, 2008
When you visit Rotterdam, you should definitely not miss the chance to visit the Cube Houses (Kubus Woning). You can go inside one of the Cube Houses and take a look, too! The admission fee is 2.50 euros for adults and 2.00 euros for students. You can easily walk to the Cube Houses from Rotterdam Central Station or take the metro to Blaak.

Right beside the Cube Houses you can find the interesting looking Central Library and on certain days also a market.

Visit http://www.kubuswoning.nl/introkubuseng.html for more information.
sarahelaine says:
I wish I'd known you could visit!
Posted on: Jul 11, 2011
brandy brandy
Jun 17, 2007
I had been to Amsterdam a couple times in the past and when I got the opportunity to travel back to The Netherlands I just assumed I would follow the same path down those cobble streets. Then a friend took me to visit Rotterdam one evening. We took a quick drive past some impressive bridges and one-of-a-kind buildings. I knew I had to see this again in the day-light. I ventured back the very next day to take in the sights. Since a good portion of Rotterdam was destroyed during WWII there are very few 'old' buildings left. Most of the city has a modern feel to it with some of the most unique and innovated urban structures I've ever seen. There are two bridges linking the northern and southern parts of the city. Both are striking, but the Erasmus Bridge also referred to as the Swan (de Zwaan) is a must see. There are many other notable buildings such as; Kubuswoningen or cube houses, Euromast, de Brug (which is an office building built over top of existing buildings), and several others. There are also many unique sculptures tucked into nooks and crannies everywhere you go. The city is relatively easy to get around in..just plunk yourself right in the city center and make your way towards the tall buildings. I guarantee there will be many photo opportunities.
De Zwaan