Cuba Libre Bar

Clarke Quay, Singapore

Cuba Libre Bar Clarke Quay Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Por que Si Por que No? Oct 14, 2013
Cuba Libre Bar has been around for a couple of years now. Its basically one of the few bars in Singapore playing latino music as the name suggest. If you come by the main taxi stand at Clarke Quay, you definitely cant miss this place with the face of Che Guevarra bursting at the facades of the place.

The bar has its resident band which performs only about 9.30 or 10 pm onwards and they conduct free salsa lesson once or twice a month.

Of course when you are here, you wanna drink the Mojito. Whats Cuba without Mojito rt? Oh yes, theres Castro ;-)

Unfortunately I must say that standards have definitely dropped (drastically)! The Mojito is served in a Jar with a real Sugar cane stick. Yes, that would make it authentic wouldnt it? Unfortunately, I could barely taste the rum! For $24 or its $27 a jar, I expect some alcohol lol!! Instead, I got extra sugarcane sticks!

So unless they improve, I wouldnt be returning.
Me with the sugarcane stick and my…
TravellinChic Travelli…
Best Latin Music Dance Place Nov 16, 2010
I went to Clarke Quay because it's supposed to be the best place to go fo night out in Singapore having lots of bars and clubs. I LOVE to dance so I was looking forward to dancing the night away. I went there with my cousins and being the typical shy Filipinos that they are, they are shy to dance and just want to go somewhere to drink.

I'm quite fixed on dancing with or without companions so I asked one of my cousin to come with me looking for a claub where I will park so they will know where exactly I will be in case they wanted to fetch me and leave.

I went around and there are clubs which seem popular, with queues outside...however, the music doesn't seem to entice me so I keep going around until I found Cuba Libre which is a bar with live band playing pop latin music. The band was great and the people were enthusiastically dancing. I tol my cousin I'm staying in that place and they just come and fetch me later.

I moved my way in to crowd until I reached the small dance floor which is packed by lots of people of different ethnicity. It was a pretty cool crowd. I stationed myself right infront of the band and danced. I really enjoyed it a lot esp bec the crowd were great dancers and bec i am surrounded by couples and there are no sleazy men irritating me :)

I danced very hard and enjoyed the rhythm of the music until I feel very thirsty and had to get some drinks from the bar. I only rest for a bit while downing my drink and went back to the dance floor again!

That was a great dancing night for me and thoroughly enjoyed it! I will definitely come back when I'm in Singapore :)

Compare Singapore Hotel Rates (1.1km away)

Clarke Quay Map