César

1515 Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley, CA, USA

César Berkeley Reviews

David David
Dec 09, 2005
I've been here a few times for lunch, dinner, and drinks so I figure it's about time to do a write up. César always seems to be crowded and for a good reason. The menu offers a variety of "Tapas" which historically are meals meant to hold you over until dinner. However, César manages to fit enough food on the plate while keeping the price below what you would pay for an entree at any other restaurant. "Tapas" are best accompanied with wines, which César offers a variety of. If you aren't into wine, they also offer martinis, cocktails, beer, and coffee.Last time I was here I had the "atun en escabeche on grilled bread" which was very tasty. If you come during the peak hours, expect to wait, as seating is on a first come first serve basis.
kchong kchong
Dec 13, 2005
I went here for my birthday last year, and since it was on a Monday night, it was pretty empty. It is definitely not good for large parties (I'd recommend not to go with a party > 4) if you go on a night that isn't dead. The staff is also a bit stuffy, especially to younger crowds. The food is all right. Typical tapas style food.

Check Berkeley Hotel Deals