Crystal River Seafood Restaurant

2721 North Monroe Street, Tallahassee, FL, USA
(850) 383-1530
Crystal River Seafood Restaurant - Side view of restaurant
Crystal River Seafood Restaurant - Restaurant sign as seen from street
Crystal River Seafood Restaurant - Fish 'n' grits with french fries and cole slaw
Crystal River Seafood Restaurant - Menu cover
Crystal River Seafood Restaurant - Main entrance to restaurant

Crystal River Seafood Restaurant Tallahassee Reviews

Cho Cho
Typical seafood restaurant with reasonable prices Dec 06, 2015
The main reason we decided to eat at this restaurant was because it was within walking distance of the hotel where we stayed in Tallahassee. In other words, we didn't want to waste time taking the car and searching for somewhere to have dinner.

The place was nearly full with diners when we were placed at our table. However, the waitress who took care of us was quite efficient and we didn't have to wait long for our food.

Flipping through the menu I found that Seniors are given a 10% discount so we opted for one of the Fisherman's Favorites - Fish 'n' Grits with hush puppies. As it comes with two sides I chose cole slaw and french fries. I'd like to mention this one good thing (among others) about living in the United States is that senior citizens almost always get a discount of around 10% in many business establishments. In my years of travel around the world I have never come across this privilege in any other country. On the other hand, tipping is mandatory in all places or instances where service is provided. This tipping custom is prevalent all over the US. Well, we can't have everything, can we?

Anyway, the meal was quite satisfactory and as usual, there was a lot leftover on my plate. Oh yes, they do give generous portions of food in this country also! I am comparing the American portions with the European ones (smile). And you normally get free drink refills too.

This restaurant also offers a good number of other seafood dishes which obviously I couldn't try as that one plate was more than enough for me. The bill came up to just a little over $20 with the discount and even with the tip, it was still under $25 which I thought was quite reasonable.
Restaurant sign as seen from street
Main entrance to restaurant
Side view of restaurant
Menu cover
Cho says:
Thanks for the compliment, Em but I sometimes wonder whether we eat to live or live to eat :D
Posted on: Dec 17, 2015
EmEm says:
Those who want to eat good food, must follow you. :)
Posted on: Dec 16, 2015