Crystal Lake Campground

1884 West Hansen Road, Scottville, MI, USA
Crystal Lake Campground - Look - it matches my car.
Crystal Lake Campground - Our little Casita trailer!
Crystal Lake Campground - Our campsite
Crystal Lake Campground - I only had a phone signal out by the road so I weeded the garden around the sign why I talked :)

Check Scottville Hotel Deals

Crystal Lake Campground Scottville Reviews

mslellen mslellen
The wrong lake, but a pleasant surprise! Jul 17, 2012
Doug and I went camping around Michigan for a week this summer. He arranged the entire trip and made by himself and I did a really good job of not interfering. Everything was going well and we were planning the drive to our next leg but I couldn't find the address anywhere around Crystal Lake - what's going on? Finally we figure it out, the campground is not on Crystal Lake, but actually a couple of hours south - oops!

We decide to go for it, why not? Sometimes things happen for a reason and this is one of them. It was exactly the kind of campground we like, lots of trees, large lots, clean and a great lake and beach.

Checking in at the front desk the people are really nice and are so happy to tell us they saved one of their nicest lots for us, one of the largest and closest to the lake! All excited we drive through the park and find it and it is nice . . . but even though it's only about 1/3 full there are people both beside and behind us and they have kids and dogs. Now I'm not against either, but with all of the empty lots I would much rather have a nice quiet spot all by ourselves. Doug unloads my bike and waits while I head back to the check in. After I explain the situation they suggest a few lots for me to look at and tell me just go ahead and move and whenever I'm by the front desk just tell them where I went. His suggestion was perfect, we end up on what we consider to be our best spot.

They have a pretty good camp store with just about anything you need. You can also buy fire wood and they deliver it right to your lot within about 5 minutes.

The beach is beautiful clean sand and they have rowboats and paddle boats to rent at really reasonable prices. We rented a paddle boat with intentions of going around the perimeter of the lake (it's really small) but burned out quickly. Only made it about a third of the way (it was bigger than we thought or maybe we're older and more out of shape) They also have a raft out in the lake and the water was so beautiful I even got my hair wet!

Bathrooms are kind of old, but it's a campground so they're good enough. They also have a laundry room if you need it.

This is a really nice campground and it looks like the people are a lot of fun. Many of the lots are rented by the season so even though there are campers on the lots there's no one there. The lots are really big so there's a good sense of privacy. Roads are nicely paved and it's fun to ride your bike around the park.

This was the nicest place we stayed the entire week!
I only had a phone signal out by t…
Our campsite
Our little Casita trailer!
Look - it matches my car.

Check Scottville Hotel Deals