Crystal Hotel Restaurant

Bihat St, Asmara, Eritrea

Crystal Hotel Restaurant Asmara Reviews

DAO DAO
A Great Place to Eat and be Seen Feb 09, 2017
I first though the food was not good here when I had breakfast. I was offered a menu with only ‘western’ options and the food was poor. Then I had room service one night and realised what a wonderful restaurant they have here – when you order Eritrean dishes. Then I actually dined in the main dining room and saw that the food was great, but also how busy it was at night. Many business people and government officials eat and drink here. No owner as the food is so good.

I (finally) had ‘Ful’ for breakfast when I realise they served this. Excellent. The first time I ate here for an evening meal was when I ordered ‘Sprice’ for room service. Sprice rhymes with peace by the way. It is a mixed beef dish with spicy peppers and tomato. Served with a fresh salad on Injera and a few cold beers. Wonderful! My last meal was Zigni (ዝግኒ), a lamb stew also on injera. I can also vouch for their mixed vegetarian dish.

Please note – sometimes, like many places in Asmara, they have shortages of beer. If you are staying in the hotel when this happens, do not worry! Do like I did and they will bring up as much beer as you want if you order room service. And there is no extra charge for room service!

Either way, this is an excellent place to enjoy great Eritrean food.
Zigni (ዝግኒ)