Crystal City Motor Inn

Check Arlington Hotel Deals

Crystal City Motor Inn Arlington Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Only decent affordable accomodation in Crystal City Jun 19, 2005
I don’t recommend this hotel because it’s great, but because it’s the only cheap option in Crystal City. I attended a conference at Crystal City’s Marriot in 2005, but I couldn’t afford to stay at the conference hotel. I was not very experienced on travelling in the USA back then, so I naively thought I would find something affordable to a walking distance of the place. After trying several Arlington motels which were absolutely horrible (lots of drugs, prostitution and gangs could be seen in the vicinities) , a taxi driver recommended me the Crystal City motel.

When I got there, I didn’t think it was that bad, but maybe because I had just came from really horrible hotels. They don’t have wireless internet, but I didn’t care back then because I didn’t have a laptop. The place could be cleaner and the facilities definitively could use some maintenance. The hotel staff is cool, but they attended you from behind a thick anti bullet glass, which tell you what kind of people stay there (but at least it looked a little better than the bars the other hotels had to protect the staff from the customers).

The location of this hotel is excellent, because it’s only two blocks from the subway station and also a walking distance from most conference hotels, like Marriot and Holiday Inn. Ronald Reagan airport and the pentagon are about two subway stations away.

I stayed there again two years later, but for some reason I found it to be even more deteriorated, and I ended up moving to another nearby hotel, a little more expensive, but not much better.

Check Arlington Hotel Deals