Crystal Cave

Crystal Cave Reviews

osgoodst osgoodst
cool underground lake and cave Jun 18, 2011
For people who know me well, its established that I enjoy a good cave, so when I heard that one of the best attractions in Bermuda were the fabled "Crystal Cave", well I had to step on in.

Getting to the cave is half of the fun, there are lots of brochures throughout town or can be picked up at the airport with the bus that goes to the cave. The cave is located near the airport, " the swizzle" and this ice cream place.

We took the first bus we could find, and it was a great in that the route was very round about to get us to the cave. If you tell the driver that you're heading to the cave he will tell you where to get off. Our ride took us up several residential hills along with through a golf course, go figure.

The actual cave was also pretty cool, but pretty expensive at 20 clams a pop. There is also a second cave called the fanstasy cave but according to the tour guide its the same thing so no need to visit both unless you really love caves.

One thing about this cave is that it is technically easy, ie lots of steps and ramps, but no climbing. Also there is a floating bridge since the water level changes. However the way out is all uphill!

So the cave, spectacular! Its called crystal cave cause the cave has crystal clear water. At one time the tour was done on a boat which must have been spectacular.

One thing to note is how crystal clear the water is, and from the distance all of the stallagtites reflect perfectly in the water, check out my attemps to photo this. The tour guide had lots of information, and nothing wrong with a good cave!
bonnie chilling on a chair before …
I see the light