Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art

600 Museum Way, Bentonville, AR, USA
crystalbridges.org - (479) 418-5700
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art - Two Headed Figure - Keith Haring
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art - Yield - Roxy Paine
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art - Bambi sighting!
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art - Tortoise and Hare - Nancy Schön
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art - Love - Robert Indiana
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art - Outside the museum

Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art Bentonville Reviews

jenniescharm jenniesc…
Amazing art in Arkansas Nov 21, 2014
Crystal Bridges has to be one of the best medium-sized art museums I’ve ever visited. While some may avoid it because of its family association with Walmart (the museum was founded by Alice Walton, the daughter of the late Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton), they’d be depriving themselves of great art in a beautiful natural setting.

The permanent collection spans five centuries of American art. Although I usually seek out 19th-century paintings – I think Winter Scene in Brooklyn by Francis Guy was my favorite, I appreciated being able to view masters like Norman Rockwell (Rosie the Riveter) and Georgia O’Keeffe (Flying Backbone). In addition to the permanent collection, the museum has special exhibits. During my visit, these special exhibits included works from John James Audubon and examples of modern art being produced across America today.

After wandering the galleries inside and eating at the café, my friend and I headed outside to walk the trails and view the outdoor sculptures. The grounds include more than 3.5 miles of trails. (Be sure to grab a map!)

There is no cost to view the permanent exhibits or walk the surrounding trails and outdoor sculptures. Parking is free as well. Dining options include a coffee bar/café and a restaurant. The gift shop features local artists, which I like as it means I can find something unique while supporting the local community.
Tortoise and Hare - Nancy Schön