Cruz del Sur Coach company

Peru
Cruz del Sur Coach company  - overnight recliner seat.. actually quite comfy
Cruz del Sur Coach company  - a cruz del sur coach
Cruz del Sur Coach company  - the 'only pee' notice
Cruz del Sur Coach company  - the 'only pee toilets'

Cruz del Sur Coach company Reviews

HelenP HelenP
Cruz del Sur intercity coach services, Peru May 14, 2013
When I purchased my coach ticket from Lima to Arequipa back in England I was somewhat underwhelmed with the seemingly bureaucratic booking process.

When I want to purchase a ticket in the UK I simply log on to the company`s website, enter the details and my credit card information and then print my ticket.

Here I had to provide passport details and could only get my ticket printed from either one of the company`s offices or an authorized travel agency.

I later realized that this was not bureaucracy on the part of the company but part of their traveler safety procedures, which also included checking in and out luggage, body scans, videoing of passengers and Geo location tracking of all coaches between stops. The reason for this being the threat of both bandits on the road and theft of personal possessions in the coaches. To know exactly who was traveling and keep them safe was paramount for the company`s reputation.

I felt reassured, and slightly paranoid for having stowed my digital SLR camera and tablet in my hold luggage.

Despite all the security though, I was the only foreigner on the bus. A shame because it was so much more cheaper than a flight and I had an extremely comfortable journey. The only issue was the toilet. .firstly because the door catches were very strong and when I wanted to use the loo in the middle of the night I thought that the toilets were locked. Luckily I was rescued by a fellow passenger who yanked the door open for me. Secondly, the `wee only` rule. What, I wondered happened if you had stomach problems mid journey? Luckily I was not afflicted.

So, in summary, I would recommend Cruz Del Sur, but with the proviso that you 'go before you go..'
a cruz del sur coach
overnight recliner seat.. actually…
the 'only pee toilets'
the 'only pee' notice
Cho says:
I had to smile when I read about the toilets. But yes, I have traveled many times on long distance buses too (the last time was from Costa Rica to Nicaragua and back) and luckily I have never had any problems on any of the trips!
Posted on: May 28, 2013