Crust

0151 709 1133

Crust Liverpool Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Grim =( Feb 13, 2016
Looking for a place to have dinner we came across Crust on Bold Street. Prices seemed reasonable and the restaurant was very busy (always a good sign.) On arrival we were told that there would be a 10-15 minute wait, not a problem as we decided to have a drink in the small bar area.

We'd just received our drinks when the waitress came over to advise us that our table was available. Once seated we perused the menu, and had to wait about 10 minutes before anyone came back to take our order - again not a problem as it was very busy and to be expected on a Saturday evening. I ordered the Caprese bruschetta for starters and a Quattro Stagione pizza for main. My friend ordered the Focaccia to start with followed by Lasagne.

Starters arrived within 10 minutes or so and I have to say the bruschetta was lovely, however, the Focaccia was burnt, very dry with very little topping.

The mains followed and I have to say from the moment the pizza was put in front of me I was disappointed - the reason....... tinned mushrooms, I have never had a pizza served with a topping of tinned mushrooms, they were definitely tinned as they had that plastic, slimy consistency and I have to say the artichoke was no better, the olives were not fresh either I would suspect they were from a jar. Upon tasting the first slice, I experienced so much cheese in one mouthful, it took me an age just to eat it - and I like cheese, but this was way too much and it had gone rubbery. As I continued to plough though the pizza towards the middle, the tomato base was so watery, the dough had disintegrated into mush - not pleasant.

My friend's lasagne was no better. She said that the mince was terribly dry with very little flavour and there was so much cheese on the top of the dish it had burnt and solidified into a mass, which was nigh on impossible to eat.

All in all, after visiting a number of authentic pizzerias in the past this has to be the worst I'm afraid. I just wonder whether the main customer target area is the university students - I don't wish to insult the student community with this comment, but tinned mushrooms etc, this just seems to be catering for the masses - just a thought.

Sooooo bad I didn't even take a picture =(

However, I'd like to end on a positive note - as you should always look for something positive - the apple mojito is highly recommended - it was lush.
jeminigirl says:
Oh Ils - don't worry, I did :)
Posted on: Feb 28, 2016
Ils1976 says:
Really ??? I would have written something on TA about that! I always say ... been there, done that and in this case .... never again! :D
Posted on: Feb 28, 2016
jeminigirl says:
It was truly terrible - hard to believe reviews on Trip Advisor give it 5*'s!!!!
Posted on: Feb 27, 2016