Cruise to Glacier Bay

Gulf of Alaska

Cruise to Glacier Bay Reviews

vezznay vezznay
My Unforgettable Cruise to Alaska Jun 14, 2011
Last month I was dragged aboard a cruise ship by my adventure hungry mother for a week like some irresponsible little kid. All I have heard about cruises from friends and other family’s members was there extremely dull and agonisingly boring so I dove into the whole experience in a negatively biased state of mind; just to be pleasantly surprised by what I discovered.

The Cruising holiday with my mother would of put a tick in many of my life “to do” boxes, visit Canada, tick, go on an adventure holiday, tick¸ head out on a cruise, tick! So when my mother offered to pay for me I wasn’t going to turn her down.

We flew from London Heathrow to Vancouver; this is where we first boarded our cruise vessel the sapphire princess. I didn’t really know what to expect size wise; I was taken aback by the sheer size of the steel behemoth, the sapphire princess is massive!

It look me and my mother around three quarters of an hour to find our quarters, we we’re offered help from numerous amounts of staff but it was hard to execute their advice especially when the gangways were congested with hundreds of other guests also trying to find their rooms.

The rooms we’re just what I expected; factory fit, robust and ultra convenience, I wasn’t one to complain however if princess had to improve their overall cruise experience they should invest in some new mattresses (they we’re a little too hard)on a brighter note, the rooms we’re clean, well functioning and snugly warm.

The dining facilities we’re to a good standard, you could tell the portions weren’t prepared individually by a gourmet chief but hey I was on a cruise ship with 2500 other guests I take my hat off to them. Three good meals we’re served on a daily basis and the canteen full of snaky bits stayed open the majority of the cruise.

The scenery, destination and region where the cruise took place really did it for me; Alaska and Canada’s western spine is indescribably beautiful and I instantly took a strong interest in my surroundings and whereabouts.

The final destination of the cruise was one of Alaska’s national parks, Glacier Bay; I had never seen anything quite like it. Huge chunks of ice floating alongside us, Glacier carved backdrops and snow patched mountainous peaks we’re truly breathtaking I was absolutely astonished.

To summarize my first cruise experience in a nutshell, I enjoyed cruising but most of that enjoyment came from my whereabouts, I would be a bit sceptical about taking another cruise to a destination which wasn’t so scenically rich.

Rooms: ***

Service: ****

Dining: ***

Location: *****

Overall: ****

Many thanks to Canadian sky for helping my mother book such a fantastic holiday.
vezznay says:
Posted on: Jun 20, 2011
Andy99 says:
Which cruise line is this?
Posted on: Jun 20, 2011