Cruce los Lagos con Andina del Sud
Cruce los Lagos con Andina del Sud Petrohue Reviews
Oct 27, 2007
If you want to see Lago Todos los Santos you must travel with Andina del Sud as they are the only company that runs a tour. The trip intinerary is as follows:
1. Leave Puerto Varas or Puerto Montt in the morning and drive around the south end of Lago Llanquihue until you reach the Saltos de Petrohué.
2. Walk around for about 30 minutes at the Saltos and then get back on the bus to go to Petrohué.
3. Board the catamaran in Petrohué and start the 90 minute trip to Peulla.
4. Arrive in Peulla and eat in the only restaurant there and either check in to the hotel, catch a bus to Bariloche, or hang out until it's time to catch the boat back.
5. Go back to your hotel doing the reverse trip.
Because this is the only company each trip has about 200 people, which means that the guides don't tell you a lot about the area or geographical formations because 200 people on a catamaran aren't going to listen. My recommendation is that if you want to do this trip and have flexibility make sure you go on a sunny day, because I didn't find it worth 25.000 pesos to cross a lake when I couldn't see much and then arrive in a town that only exists for tourists.
Part of the Chile, Fall Semester 2007 travel blog
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!