Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan Rates and Deals

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan New York Reviews

van2011 van2011
Nice Luxury Hotel! Apr 17, 2011
This hotel is in a great location. It has a beautiful lobby. The room and bathroom was spacious. Very luxurious, with fantastic customer service. However, the halls were dark and narrow. It's an older building, and I found the hallways kind of creepy.
elsevier elsevier
Nice budget hotel Aug 18, 2009
Best thing is definitelly location. I found this hotel to be a good choice because of quiet (we are in Manhattan, damn!) neighborhood (Little Brasil). Clean, cosy rooms but remember to ask for a room with a view, which actually means a room with a window. If you are not planning to spend a lot of time in a room - this is a good and cheap choice. The continental breakfasts are only moderate, but suitable: Cold cereals, toast, bagels, doughnuts, coffee, juices, fruit and yogurts. There is a small bar on 2nd floor - the owner is probably one of the best - you will find it hard to stay sober there.

The key thing to share is that it is a great location for visitors and friendly staff (mostly foreigners). Two PCs in the lobby with free Internet access are occupied most of the time but if you check it in the morning you will have plenty of time to use it. The hotel is is on West 46th street between 5th and 6th Avenues. It is an easy walk to Grand Central, Rockefeller Plaza, Times Square and Subway/Metro stops.
tipsfortravellers tipsfort…
Dec 04, 2006
I have to admit that I have somewhat of a love- hate view of this hotel. The previous time I stayed at the hotel, which was about the 4th time I had stayed here, I said I would never stay there again.The reason was that I found the attitude of the staff from the abrasive check-in staff through to the restaurant staff so poor. I felt the rooms for the price were not good value. Add in the heavy crowds around the area and even in the lobby and was all a bit too much of an unpleasant experience.I decided that this was going to be inevitable for a hotel with over 750 rooms slap bang in the heart of New York's Time Square where people must stay there for a handful nights each time. But decided it would be better to seek out somewhere where you did not feel you were putting everyone in the hotel out by just being there.I, therefore, was somewhat disappointed to find that I was going to have to stay there for 3 nights while on a business trip to New York in early December as the corporate rate we had was very compelling versus other options of $310 a night.I did find some changes since I last stayed there. The check-in staff seemed so much friendlier and this was the case over the course of the days I stayed there as I engaged with them to get my room changed. The beds and rooms seemed refreshed and brighter.I think I know why our corporate room was so good though as I was given a room with an inter-leading door to the next room on the 40th floor. It had a good view but I was kept awake late and woken up earlier by the people next door. They were not partying but just talking, watching TV and doing what you do. But you could hear everything. I asked to change rooms and even that room had an inter-leading door. This was a much nicer room as on the Club Floor with a stunning view across to the Hudson. It was (apparently) the bedroom part that had a lounge / sitting room next door that they told me that was not booked. Saying that on one night it was but it was not quite as noisy.I have found so many hotels in New York seem to have inter-leading doors and so now try and remember to ask when I check in as even if you have "normal" people it will be disrupting.The hotel was reluctant to change my room but persistence helped but even though I offered to upgrade and pay for a higher rate they struggled as this hotel although huge is always very full.The location is good if you want to be right there in the heart of Time Square but thinking about it more it all gets too much if you are there on business and often as hard to find decent places to eat as so many fast/ chain places to cater for the tourist trade of course. But if you want that then it is good.I think it is unlikely I will stay here again, but would tell people visiting New York, especially for the first time, to consider this if they can get a good deal. But at over $300 a night with a noisy room it is not a good deal!I have videos of the 2 rooms I stayed in:Room 3927 (The 2nd nicer room with the amazing view)>..>

Room 4025 (The 1st room)>..>
Room 3925
londonstudent says:
That's a good tip about the inter-leading doors. I've never stayed in NY, but when I do I'll make very sure that I ask for a room without one!
Posted on: Dec 11, 2006

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan Overview

Times Square, one of the most exciting and diverse blocks of New York, is the home of the Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan. Broadway awaits you right outside the grand front entrance, leading you to any area you wish to see. The business district can be easily accessed on foot, as can the plethora of shops, restaurants, and historical sights within blocks of the hotel. Central Park, the Hudson River, and Madison Square Garden are also a stones throw from here, with the theater district within reach as well. Every public transit opportunity thrives just outside of the Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, from the subway to taxis to pedestrian right of way. The hotel is about 18 minutes from the airport.

The Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan proudly offers Sleep Advantage beds in all of their guestrooms, as well as WI-FI, satellite television, in-room movies, complimentary coffee, and luxury baths in the suite rooms.

The Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan is an enormous, modern, and impressive building, offering countless onsite amenities including restaurants, 24 hour concierge services, room service, laundry and dry cleaning, indoor pool, and fitness center.

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan Amenities

• Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Steam Room
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes