Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport

Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport Rates and Deals

Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport Kenner Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Nice place but way too far from the 'action' Feb 20, 2013
We wanted to attend Mardi Gras in New Orleans but didn't have much time to plan, therefore all the affordable hotels were already booked and the downtown hotels were crazy expensive. So, our only option was to stay in this hotel by the airport.

Overall, it wasn't a bad choice, I liked the room, it was nice, spacey and comfortable. One detail is that you have to walk miles from the front door to the room, and the halls look like taken from "The shinning" (I kept on thinking the two little girls would appear in front of me anytime, lol).

As I said, the only drawback of this hotel is that it's very far from the French Quarter. You have to drive about 20 min to get there, assuming there is little traffic. Then, as always when you attend Mardi Gras, you have to choose between staying in a super expensive hotel downtown, so you don't have to drive at night, pay taxis (if you are planning on not being able to drive), or like us, be "responsible", drive a bit early to find a convenient parking spot, then not get too wasted. We did it and it worked. It was fun.
ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Affordable, good service, decent hotel Mar 23, 2011
We booked the Crowne Plaza Airport via Hotwire.com on a Droid smartphone on our way to New Orleans -- talk about using technology! It's a 3-star ranked hotel and the price we secured was $74/night.

This was the airport location, so I was a little afraid of the noise, especially when complementary earplugs were provided in the room, but I only heard one airplane the entire time during our weekend stay. Being the airport location, there is a complementary shuttle to the airport, as well.

The check-in process was quick and painless. We were even able to change the room from one king to two queen beds. And the bed was quite comfortable, with plenty of pillows! I cozied in each night, and I think I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. And, as a true testament as to how comfortable the beds were: I didn't want to get up in the morning!

The bathroom was a little more 'modern' than I preferred. The sink was large which made brushing my teeth a little awkward. The shower was just okay. Decent water pressure, and hot water but nothing out of the ordinary.

The Crowne Plaza had a bar in the lobby area, as well as a gym we walked by on the way to the room (probably should have stopped by here!) There is also an outdoor pool, which was surrounded by rooms on the interior of the hotel.

The hotel's layout was a little confusing. Our room was on the ground floor (I'm not sure how many floors there are) and we had several hallways and turns to go through to get to our room.

At $74/night, I felt that this was a reasonable price for the amenities and service we received.

Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport Overview

The Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport is situated within a quick walk to the town heart and includes an outdoor pool, a fitness centre and tennis courts.

The Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport offers a convenient 24-hour reception as well as a business centre, a free airport shuttle and conference room(s) for its guests. The hotel is less than 10 minutes' drive from Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY). Business facilities at the hotel include meeting rooms. Huey P. Long Bridge is within a 20 minute drive from the hotel.

The rooms feature a CD player as well as a TV with cable / satellite channels. Kids will be easily occupied with the in-room video games available by demand. An iron, free local calls and a coffee maker can be found in each room of the hotel. The rooms are equipped with tea and coffee making facilities, a refrigerator and a safe and the hotel has room service.

Under 10 minutes drive away are some great attractions such as the Fourth Church of Christ Scientist and Beth Israel Synagogue, and conveniently there is free parking available at the Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport should you require it. Internet access is available for travellers wanting to keep connected during their stay. Guests will find a wide variety of caf├ęs and restaurants in the area.

Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport Amenities

• Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Self Laundry
  • Free Parking

Related Travel Blogs About Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport

The City is Our Oyster
First thing this morning, on our way out of Shreveport, we stopped at Starbucks.  This is a luxury, since the closest Starbucks is 50 miles away from where I live.  I had to read the menu a…hotel on Hotwire, on my phone -- yay for technology!  It's the Crowne Plaza airport in Kenner.  Coming…

Check Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport Rates and Deals