Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai

Check Dubai Hotel Deals

Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Reviews

drmcflurry drmcflur…
The IHG Letdown at Sheikh Zayed Jan 27, 2013
As much as I’d like to give this hotel an excellent mark, I have to be perfectly honest in doing hotel reviews and I hope that management does not take my words the wrong way. Ok here it goes.

This was the first time I ever stayed in an IHG property and considering many great things I hear about Intercontinental and Crowne Plaza I was really expecting I was going to be in for a treat. I came here to stay for two nights and checking in was quick and simple minus the odd fact that when you enter the building and expect a reception lobby you are instead greeted by a pair of escalators. It gave the odd feeling that I made a mistake and entered a shopping centre instead of a 5-star hotel. The staff at the front desk were kind and accommodating especially Pat. While riding up the elevator and passing through the corridors the age of the hotel slowly started to reveal itself. Small elevators, incandescent lighting, brass fixtures and wooden paneling in some places didn’t really spell modern or upscale (maybe back in the early 90’s). The room I got was a suite but when I entered it sort of left me disappointed, something short of “this’ll do” kind of expression. It was nice and well made with enough space to swing a cat but a marble desk? Really?! Bedside tables with knobs and switches that would’ve probably impressed me 20 years ago. The only thing that brought me back to this day and age was the flatscreen TV. Wires and cables from the lamps and telephone ran across the back of the table to their respective sockets hoping not to be seen. Not a deal breaker but not stellar either. The bathroom had a tub in it which would’ve been amazing if it came with a view or something to make it more appealing rather than the cold damp tiled walls. The fruit platter and the bath amenities from Molton Brown were probably the best things I liked about the room and the unique sleep aid kit they provided which was so original that I liked it so much I brought it back home with me and use it every night. Breakfast at the main restaurant called Al Dana was an additional 100 AED which I thought was overpriced considering they only offered boxed Rice Krispies and Corn Flakes for cereal. Went in and since nobody bothered to show me to a seat I just picked any table. Browsed through the buffet looking for Muesli which I thought it shouldn’t be too hard since this is a 5 star hotel and it’s usually available in all the hotels I’ve stayed in. I don’t think I’m a hard guy to please when it comes to breakfast. Muesli/granola, some yogurt, fresh fruits, and coffee and I’m good to go. Apparently not in this restaurant. Went back to my table with toast and jam instead. I wanted to have scrambled eggs but the chef at the egg counter dismissively said that there’s already some cooked in front of me and nonchalantly sneaked a peek at his cellphone in his pocket obviously more concerned if he had any messages. He didn’t even know if the scrambled eggs in front of him had salmon in it. Had to call a dining staff passing by to check it for him. I can’t believe how absolutely ridiculous that experience was. When I got back to my table I had to catch the attention of a F&B staff standing in one corner if I could bother him with a cup of coffee. This had to be the WORST breakfast meal I have ever had in a hotel. I was ready to go to speak to the manager but I didn’t want to be the guy red-flagged on the guest list of the hotel. After that unsavory breakfast I just wanted my hundred dirhams back.

Lunch was at their Japanese-themed outlet called ‘Sakura’ and the food was varied and equally delicious. Not minding the black and pink theme they had going on the restaurant during lunch was so quiet especially when there’s only two guests dining in there. A public library probably felt more alive. Mind I suggest a Japanese-style bamboo fountain just to break the silence? All that black lacquer and small circular windows made the room smaller than it ought to be. Bigger windows would bring in more natural light and probably lessen the claustrophobia. The staff though were engaging and attentive even the Pakistani chef behind the sushi counter who only spoke a word or two. Lunch was ok but I just wished I booked for dinner instead since I heard the place more alive at night. I really wanted to sit at the Teppanyaki table and watch my dinner fly around. Nevertheless, I loved the food they served that I went back for their Christmas buffet for a sushi overload. I never had so much sushi that I didn’t even have a main course. Wow! On to the rest of the hotel, the swimming pool design like the hotel seemed to be stuck in the past and it was probably only big enough to accommodate 20 people max so it was crowded most of the time. The gym was large and impressive with all new equipments surely not to disappoint your weekend warrior. Went to Zinc for drinks and music one night and after a fresh spectacular experience from Embassy, Tora Tora, and Buddha Bar, this place was a definite disappointment. After a few beers to numb the 30 minutes of painful dance music they were playing I had to leave before the effect of the alcohol wore out. The Filipino guys at the entrance of the bar were cool though and rarely get credit for anything so here’s to them for keeping Zinc clap-free.

Overall, my first experience at a Crowne Plaza was disappointing and left much to be desired. I really wished it wasn’t because it was recommended by people I know personally and made adjustments with my schedule due to my short time in Dubai just to stay at this hotel. I’m sorry James but this place is long due for an upgrade… start with that chef at the egg station. Go easy on the poor fella. I hear there’s an opening in McDonald’s down the road.
The Captain's Suite
Going in
The corridor
Well-equipped gym
prince123 prince123
Good location for business and leisure!! Mar 30, 2013
I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. Staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. On arrival I was directed to the club floor Guest relations officer since i had booked a club room. Check-in was swift as can be imagined..

Room is excellent and the club floor had an evening happy hours where i could unwind with a friend of mine. I tried the breakfast in the restaurant downstairs and the spread was superb. Trader's Vic restaurant experience was gud although we had to wait a while to secure a table...food was delicious..cant ask for more..

The Zync night club was awesome too...Overall the hotel was excellent...will go again
robertoor robertoor
Value for money Jul 09, 2011
One of the oldest 5 star hotels in Dubai, Only dis advantage i found in this hotel is that the pool only has 3 hours of sun per day. If you are staying its worth considering an upgrade to a club room with entrance to the club lounge. You have Internet included and breakfast and happy hour with alcohol in the club lounge! With the prices of alcohol in the Dubai the 300AED with breakfast a buffet with all alcohol and Internet included it is value for money!

On the ground floor there is a nightclub Zinc, depending on the guests it a nice nightclub. But its hard to maintain conversation in there!
CapnBeaky CapnBeaky
Well located upmarket city centre hotel Apr 26, 2011
We spent a little extra for a Club room, but it was well worth the extra as we had our own check-in/check-out/ reception, and access to the Club lounge. This offered a continental and cooked breakfast with waitress service, afternoon tea and snacks and hot nibbles in the evening, with free drinks (including champagne!). There was also a free internet service. Although we arrived well before the check in time (9.30 instead of 2.00pm) we were given breakfast while our room was prepared.

The hotel also had a choice of restaurants and was well located for access to the city centre and to the Metro.
memo24n7 memo24n7
Great hotel, cool night club Apr 17, 2011
stayed for 3 nghits @ the 17th floor, great suit, nice view, located near to the train station in Shaikh Zayed Road (the high way that has a lot of tall buildings but i rented a car where i know most of the town.

clean, nice, friendly staff

recommended if you like the price

Crowne Plaza Hotel Amenities

• Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes