Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace

Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace Rates and Deals

Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace Reviews

sweettangerine sweettan…
Affordable luxury near the main shopping street Apr 09, 2011
The Crowne Plaza Brussels Le Palace has a superb location at the Rogier Square, very close to the Brussels North Railway station and accross the road from the Rue Neuve Shopping street with the City 2 shopping mall.

This is said to be the oldest hotel in Brussels, dating back from 1908 and it oozes "grandeur" as soon as you walk in. I was very impressed with its "Art Nouveau" lobby.

Unfortunately the check in didn't go very smooth. The lady behind the desk could not find my booking, even though I had a print out of the confirmation with me. But luckily with the help of her colleague, this was quickly sorted out.

I staid 2 nights at the hotel. The night I spent alone, I received a lovely superior room with a king size bed.

The room was spic and span and apart from the usual ameninities there were also complimentary water bottles and a "sleep well kit" with a pillow spray to guarantee a relaxing night.

On the 2nd night, my best friend joined and we moved to a standard twin room. The decoration was exactly the same, only here we had 2 separate beds. This standard room didn't have the water or the pillow spray but did have the coffee maker, hairdryer and all other features.

Both bathrooms were equally big with a large bath annex shower and a nice selection of beauty products and soaps.

Breakfast, on the ground floor, consisted of a very extended buffet with a huge variety of warm and cold dishes. I especially liked the unusual combinations of fruit juices. Apart of the standard (fresh squeezed) orange, apple, grapefruit and tomato, there were also combinations such as kiwi + rhubarb, strawberry + apple etc...

I did not visit the fitness room or sauna but I was impressed with the eye of detail in all the public areas too. For example the public bathrooms feature nice soaps and creams of l' Occitane; there's a coffee maker in the rooms etc...

On the weekend, the price for a stay is still affordable yet on the high side. On weekdays, room rates get close to EUR 200.00 per night. Though it's surely value for money for business people and I would stay here again if there's another bargain.
superior room
with double bed
silandogan silandog…
Good place to stay at Brussels Jan 29, 2011
I had stayed two times in Crowne Plaza Brussels Le Palace Hotel. Location is very good. There is a shopping mall very close to the hotel. Also, 15 minutes walking distance to Grand Place. Hotel service is good, staff is friendly. Train station is very near to the hotel. I recommend you to stay there.
maryanntravel maryannt…
Crowne Plaza Brussels - Le Palace Oct 16, 2008
I stayed in this hotel in October 2008. I went on a city trip with my parents and booked a few months earlier through The price was pretty expensive, about 175 euros per night per room.

Due to traffic, we could not check in on time. We called the hotel to notify the front office and they were very flexible and did not mind it.

The hotel was not easy to find. We went by car and we had to go around the block a few times before we could go into the right street. We could load our luggage out front and park the car in a public parking garage.

The hotel lobby is large and neat. It looked a bit formal, due to the many business guests they have, but plenty of leisure guests were there as well. The concierge always smiled and provided us with some information about the city. The breakfast at the restaurant was good and there was plenty of choice.

The hotel room was quite large, despite the fact that there was a third bed placed in it. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom clean. The view was not spectacular (a concrete wall), but we were out most of the time, so that did not matter.

The location is great. The bus stop is around the corner and the city center is in walking distance.

For a short visit to Brussels, I would definitely recommend this hotel, although it is a bit pricey.
The hotel
Chokk says:
Thanks Francis - now I see the hotel in another perspective!
Posted on: Oct 03, 2010
Glynnes says:
Nicely written, Thanks,
Posted on: Jun 28, 2010
fransglobal says:
I used to stay there for work a lot many years ago. The location is great, though not my favourite in Brussels.

They say that the hotel was the Gestapo Headquarters in Belgium during WWII...
Posted on: Jun 28, 2010
alison_wndrlnd alison_w…
Nov 05, 2006
Right, so the only reason I got to even step foot inside this place is because the company was paying for it, and we were visiting in the off-season. You'll probably notice that all my other reviews are hostels, lol. And as one who is more or less solely accustomed to hostels, this place was like paradise to me. The rooms were gorgeous. The bathtub was AMAZING! The breakfast in the mornings is absolutely to die for.

The location is pefect too....just a short walk to the Grande Place, and right at a Metro stop.

Can't recommend it enough. I can only hope that I'll get to stay somewhere as nice in the future.

Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace Amenities

• Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower