Crowne Plaza Hotel Beijing

Crowne Plaza Hotel Beijing Rates and Deals

Crowne Plaza Hotel Beijing Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
5 star hotel with less than 5 stars worth of service Jan 05, 2014
I stayed at this hotel during the company's 10th anniversary trip to Beijing. This hotel was selected to the location of being in the prime shopping district (Wang fujing) since most of staff (mainly female) are into shopping. We are a group of 53 people. To summarise these are the highs and lows of the hotel service:

1. location

2. room was clean and nice, as expected of 5 star hotel

3. breakfast spread was generous - serving Chinese & international breakfast.

4. Free wifi at the lobby

1. Check-in service was very poorly done. They know we are a big group yet they seem unprepared. We gave them a list of the room listing: 1 bedder, twin-sharing, double bedder & triple sharing for our group but they seem to mess everything up. Also, the staff seemed incompetent of speaking English which is very sad since this is a business class hotel!

This is very bad as we had given them a list & our passport during checkin for them to verify b4 they hand out each room's card.

I checked into my room late afternoon (some have checked in earlier) to find 3 of my colleagues sleeping in the room! Fortunately, these r my colleagues! What if i had entered into a room with a couple in their private moments?? That would have been most embarrassing. I went to the counter & he the same guy who handed me the keys question me why i entered the room? Then he called the room & spoke to my colleague to ask her why she is in my room?? How on earth would any of us enter the room without them giving us the room card? He had obviously screwed up as he kept calling me by my colleagues' name despite me highlighting to him (almost arguing) to show him I am not that person!

2. Bar service

I ordered a Cosmo - most bars I had gone to, the waiter would know that Cosmo = Cosmopolitan. So since, she didnt understand I said I wanted a Cosmopolitan & my colleague wanted a Screwdriver. These drinks were listed in the drinks menu. Her reply, I dont know what you want, we dont have such a drink. Such service!! So my boss asked to speak to her Manager, she claimed theres no manager - which is appalling! She called for her supervisor who appears equally dumb as her! He then called for the Manager who apologised but our mood is ruined by this long waiting for the drinks & arguments.

I guess service is generally quite bad in China and their service staff still expect you to speak to them in Mandarin just like i had to speak to the reception in Mandarin.
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
tj1777 says:
vulindlela says:
nolan nolan
Nice location in the shopping district Nov 09, 2012
Crowne Plaza Wangfujing is close to the shopping district as well as Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City (about a 15 minute walk but don't try it during the dead of winter). It has a nice lobby and an indoor swimming pool. We would walk late at night to the Wangfujing district for a snack and there were not as many vehicles considering Beijing has thousands of cars added every day. It is not directly located by the ring roads so that helped with minimizing the vehicles passing nearby.

The room was reasonably sized and caters to the business traveler (internet, glass top desk, etc.). There is a mini-bar and coffee making facilities. Bathroom has a tub, with bathrobes, dryer and other amenities.

The breakfast buffet was quite good, with a choice of international cuisine.

Overall I would stay again at this hotel given the opportunity.
view from the lobby at night (no f…
view from the lobby
vesxy vesxy
Hotel in the City Mar 25, 2011
Small rooms even if you are paying higher than average hotel rates. Crowne Plaza is a 5-star hotel brand. But this one is a bad reflection of the brand. However, location is great. In the city centre. Very accessible. Within walking distances to most of the shopping areas (wang fu jing) and attractions (tian an men and forbidden city).

Club Floor Lounge is very cosy :) The staff are very friendly and always make an effort to remember your names. Very pleasant people.
Flyinhigh Flyinhigh
Centrally Located in Beijing - Near Many Sights Nov 20, 2009
We decided to make the Crowne Plaza, Beijing our “base” while vacationing in China. This hotel is on Wangfujing Street, in proximity to many high-end boutiques and stores. The hotel was just as advertised online. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and spacious. The hotel fitness center was small, but adequate for working out on the road. The hotel also has an indoor pool; however, I did not use it on my stay. I did however use the spa. The prices for massage are about double that of many other area hotels – about $90 US for one hour. It was nice, but a bit pricey for the area.

For those who stay frequently at Priority Club hotels, this hotel has a very nice executive lounge. With my priority club status, I had access to the lounge. The lounge served a full, made-to-order breakfast every morning. This lounge had the best coffee that I had during my two-week stay in China. As well, throughout the day, the lounge had snacks and beverages. Beginning around 5:00pm, the lounge had a complimentary happy hour with beer, wine, and liquor. Also, during the happy hour there was a large selection of snacks, fruit, desserts, etc.

The only major problem I had with this hotel was that they only allowed for one computer to access the Internet per room. It was only after days of complaining that the manager had engineering install a mini-router in out room that allowed more than one computer access to the Internet. As well, the hotel charges their Priority Club guests to use the Internet…and over the course of my stay, it was about $300.00US. The executive lounge did have a computer with free Internet for those who wished to use the shared computer.

The hotel has an in-house travel agency that arranged a day-tour to the Great Wall for us. The tour was nice, but pricey as compared to arranging something on the side. Many of the local sites are located very close to the hotel - The Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Tian'Amen Square, etc.

There were a few restaurants in the hotel. The lobby restaurant, Essence, served a variety of Western-style foods and as well, local cuisine. We did not have a chance to try the Chinese Restaurant, Zen. I did have a drink at the bar, Purple, one evening – very expensive. It was about $18.00US for one shot of scotch.

Overall, this was a nice hotel but I would probably look for one that has Internet included for future stays.
The hotel is on Wangfujing Street
sylviandavid says:
Honestly.... we are much niftier than narley ... Maybe we need to split from the group and be Nifty Nines.....LOL
Posted on: Dec 22, 2009
Flyinhigh says:
The group came up with that name...I don't like it. I left the I am not narly!!!!
Posted on: Dec 21, 2009
Africancrab says:
Narly nine huh! Bernard is so cruel, ha-ha!
Posted on: Dec 21, 2009
Nero257 Nero257
Great location in Beijing! Aug 21, 2009
I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Beijing on Wangfujing Street in September 2008. Wangfujing Street is a large shopping street closed to cars with practically anything and everything for sale from small shops to large shopping malls with supermarkets. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk to Tianamen Square and the Forbidden City. As for the hotel, the staff tries to be very helpful even though they all do not speak English very well. The rooms and bathrooms were a nice size and equipped with all the latest amenities. The breakfast buffet was the typical cereals, fruit, eggs, bread and beverages. I did eat one night in the hotel restaurant on the main floor (where the breakfast was served) and did not find my meal of chicken in a soup-like broth very good but there is no lack of places to eat on Wangfujing St.

Crowne Plaza Hotel Amenities

• Massage
  • Solarium
  • Beauty Salon
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Family Room
  • Shoe Shine

Related Travel Blogs About Crowne Plaza Hotel Beijing

China in the times of Swine Flu
    Yes, I got quarantined for 12 hours but for some of my travel companions the “imprisonment” lasted 7 days which was almost half of our precious vacation time. I guess we learned t…hotel, The Beijing Crown Plaza hotel, located in downtown at the center of a very commercial touristy spot. The following…
Beijing China, and our journey comes to an end :(
After another day at sea we are at our last stop, and it was time to disembark the Diamond Princess. It was a great cruise, no complaints here (besides some of the rude senior passengers who ended my…Crowne Plaza. It is about a two hour drive from the port to the hotel. The traffic in Beijing

Check Crowne Plaza Hotel Rates and Deals