Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu City

Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu City Rates and Deals

Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu City Reviews

mudcore mudcore
Dec 09, 2013
Poor service. No TV Cable during 90% of our stay. There was brown out. We hardly slept.
tour_guy says:
too bad!
Posted on: Jan 20, 2014
edregin edregin
T'was Okey Mar 14, 2012

Thank God I booked the hotel for a night's stay only. My brother in Cebu recommended it (no, he's never stayed here but he suggested the place due to sky adventure, that the area is good for the places we are going to visit, etc) but I wasn't happy with the reservation (I could have booked another new hotel with cheaper rates). I was so wrong not to follow my instinct to book another hotel over this hotel.

My overnight experience at this hotel is enough (it will be the first and the last!). It wasn't bad but with the price of the room I was expecting for more (paid more than 100US$ plus LCO till 18:00hrs). Also, I am not sure if I was allocated at the bad side of the building but the room gives me an impression of a boring hotel. The room is spacious but its interior is not that pleasant to my eyes. The hotel room seemed old. In fact my bath towel that I always bring with me is whiter than what is supplied in the bathroom and if I may add possibly of better brand (echosera), lol! Lack of lighting in the room, the windows were not cleaned...room is poorly decorated.

But to be fair with them, the hotel's staff are very friendly and helpful (I guess Cebuanos are really service oriented people), though the breakfast have limited option, the food tasted good. Check in and Check out were fast (just as because it's a busy hotel) and the hotel's location is good (near Ayala Mall, Magellan's cross etc - but well Cebu is not that big so...hehe). Other good points of the hotel is that, this is where the sky rides of the country's first which I never had time to do, oopss should I say I never intend to do, lol! If you want to try 4D experience, they also have it there (loved it as if you rented the whole place, there were only me and my sister in-law when we watched). Yay!

Over all, I would come back possibly to enjoy the hotel facilities they offer but not as staying guest =)
The Bed
Bathroom Vanity/Sinks
Bath Tub
My plateful brekky (Beef Tapa was …
TravellinChic Travelli…
Hotel with adventure rides Jan 01, 2010
I booked this hotel together with PALakbayan package of Philippines airlines. I could have booked it separately for P3,500 (discounted corporate price) and still I would think it would just be ok..not cheap. The room is nice and with a view esp bec the window is floor to ceiling however I'm disappointed with some of the "supplies". The slippers are very very cheap and they're like papers which tore easily even with just a minute of wearing..i feel like i have to be extra careful just to make it last for a day! There are complimentary water but that's it..no fruits like Diamond hotel of Manila. I am greatly disappointed that even though I paid for 3 people, the supplies were only made for 2 (water bottles included). The towel set was lacking of the hand towel and there are no bath robes. The soap was really small and it's a tiny bar and there was only 2! They didnt even provide for at least one for the basin to wash your hand with. There's only one toilet paper and no extra roll anywhere else so it really get all used up before the day ends. There are no tissues. Basing on the supply, you would think you're in some really cheap hotel.

Now, on to service: Service was ok in terms of asking them to get u a cab. But, in terms of asking them places, where to eat and go..they dont know much and would offer tour packages that are quite pricey. I've been to hostels in Europe and they offer much better service to tourists. The receptionists were quite slow and people are queuing up most of the time to get service..well, probably bec they also have a small desk that cramps all the receptionists..and it seem that only one plus a manager is quite well verse in how to process the transactions..which make things slooooow...

Breakfast is the redeeming part (thats the only reason this hotel got 3 for value and a recommendation overall rating). It's buffet and there's a lot of varied selection which i think is good enough..just dont go very late (e.g. before they close bec of course they will no longer replenish and you'll only be choosing from left overs). But they also have separate chefs to cook your eggs in the way u like them or cook some pancakes, etc.

Swimming pool is not warmed so its very cold in December which is the time we were there (to celebrate NYE). The aqua fitness pool is more of a pool for kids with only a few working aqua massage chairs. The floors are very slippery and I (plus a kid) slipped which makes me think it may be more of dangerous than therapeutic visit.

However, I think that relative to Cebu's hotels, this could be a good value if u pay the corporate rate of 3,500php otherwise, if it will cost 5k, it could be really disappointing..esp bec there's no ambiance justifying 5k/night..for 4/k ($80/nyt) i dunno..let me think..coz sometimes i really would just prefer paying a bit more for better service and greater hotel experience or what is sometimes call, luxury..
TravellinChic says:
Thanks Gpat for your appreciation :) Most welcome
Posted on: Jul 09, 2010
Glynnes says:
A very informative review. The photos are also wonderful. Thanks
Posted on: Jul 09, 2010
jaeWALK jaeWALK
The Tallest Hotel Tower in the Philippines Aug 23, 2008
That's what Crown Regency Hotel and Towers in Cebu claim to be.

Before we arrived in Cebu, our friend who works at the hotel warned us that there are parts of the building still under construction. I was worried about that at first (that it's gonna disrupt my sleep), but when we got to check-in, I was worried about nothing all along. The on-going construction didn't disrupt our stay at any time at all, well except for that mysterious smell in the elevator (I thought it was some kind of food at first but then i remembered what dry cement smelled like after going up and down a few times).

We were told that completion of the tower where we were staying at will be completed by year's end. The rides (yes, you read it right) arrived a few days before we did. I think that's awesome there are going to be rides on the top most floor. (Here's a sneak peek of what the rides are gonna be like when completed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_vijSt8VqA). That's gonna be something to look forward to when i go back to Cebu. There's another tower being completed behind tower 1, but I have no idea when that's gonna be completed.

Crown Regency's lobby isn't big nor impressive. The ambiance is a little bit chaotic for my taste. But I find the location desirable. It's less than a minute walk from Fuente Circle as well as some nearby department stores, shops, bars and restaurants. Cebu's famous larshan ihaw-ihaw is on the other side of the circle (take the nearby pedestrian bridge then cross the street towards the police station. it's behind that). Mango square is a block or two away (turn right when you see Robinson's and walk straight). Of course there's a Starbucks at the lobby for your quick caffeine fix too.

The staff where generally helpful and friendly. We didn't have any problem with that As for the amenities in the building, well there are several restaurants to choose from offering different cuisines. From what I can remember there's a chinese restaurant and there's a japanese restaurant. But we didn't get to try that. The only one I got to try was the complimentary breakfast (and just once because we kept waking up late). There's also a spa and gym in the building.

As for the rates, I think the standard twin is about US$80. Our first two nights were free courtesy of our friend. But we got to extend our stay for another night for only almost half that rate.

I find the rooms really nice. This hotel has the best bed among all the hotels i've stayed at, and that's the reason why I spent 50% of my time just at the hotel. Plus of course there's cable TV and Internet too. LOL!
big soft beds!
mirror mirror on the wall who's th…

Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu City Amenities

• Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower