Crown Hotel

Crown Hotel - Crown Hotel: My pint of John Smith's beer

Crown Hotel Liverpool Reviews

HORSCHECK HORSCHECK
Crown Hotel Oct 12, 2017
As in September 2016 I arrived to Liverpool by train from Birmingham, the Crown Hotel was one of the first buildings I noticed in the city. It is located just next to Liverpool's Lime Street Station and due to its Art Nouveau style it is a grade II listed building.

Unlike the name implies the Crown Hotel is actually not a hotel but a pub. Not only the outside fa├žade but also the interior is richly decorated and well worth seeing.

On my first evening I gave it a try for dinner. The menu offers the typical pub classic meals from burgers to fish and chips, which have to be ordered and paid at the bar and will be brought to your table.

I opted for a special meal deal, which included a pint of beer for 1 GBP if ordered together with a burger meal. I opted for a 6 oz beef burger for 5,19 GBP and a John Smith's beer for 1 GBP. The burger came with chips and was good, but not exceptional. Still I was totally happy with my visit of this traditional pub and this surprisingly reasonable priced dinner.

Directions: The Crown Hotel can be found on the corner of Lime Street and Skelhorne Street, just next to Liverpool's Lime Street Station.
Crown Hotel
Crown Hotel: Entrance from Lime St…
Crown Hotel: My pint of John Smith…
Crown Hotel: My 6 oz beef burger
german_eagle says:
A charming place. Very reasonable food prices, indeed. I thought it was a hotel review at first. LOL
Posted on: Oct 12, 2017