Crown Candy Kitchen

Crown Candy Kitchen - the menu at Crown Candy Kitchen

Crown Candy Kitchen Saint Louis Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
I Scream for Ice Cream! Mar 02, 2010
Crown Candy Kitchen has been serving St. Louisans confections since 1913. They have an assortment of candies and chocolates, plus a menu of malts and milkshakes and ice cream sundaes featuring their homemade ice cream in a variety of flavors (everything from the standard vanilla, chocolate and strawberry to banana and pineapple-orange).

I got a chocolate sundae made with chocolate ice cream, complete with whipped cream and a cherry. My sister got scoops of chocolate chip and chocolate chocolate chip. My sundae was decadent, just what I was wanting. The chocolate ice cream was nice and creamy and thick, and the chocolate sauce was divine, a nice smooth dark chocolate. And a massive amount of whipped cream topped the sundae.

My sister wanted to try their challenge, drinking 5 malts (which turns out to be 15 glasses) in 30 minutes. But, they were busy so she didn't.

Crown Candy Kitchen is certainly proud of their creations. I thought it was a little expensive ($4.25 for my sundae plus 55 cents for the whipped cream). It was a large portion. Two scoops of ice cream is $3.85.

Another thing, it doesn't seem to be located in the best part of town. Is it worth going? Yes, especially if you are an ice cream fanatic. I don't think it's a dangerous location, just rundown buildings and the like.
my chocolate sundae made with choc…
the menu at Crown Candy Kitchen