Cripple Creek and Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad

5th and Bennett Ave, Cripple Creek, CO, USA

Cripple Creek and Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad Reviews

bkretzer bkretzer
All ages enjoy a train ride Jun 14, 2008
On of the things I knew I wanted to do in Cripple Creek was to ride the Cripple Creek and Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad. The CC & VRR is a tourist line that has been in operation since 1967. Owned and operated by the Birmingham family, the railroad was build using an old abandoned right of way. So this line, if not the right of way, was not used to haul gold out of Cripple Creek.

But it does haul quite the experience. It was a beautiful summer day that Margo and I took our trip. The 45 minute ($12.25 per person) took you through the surrounding hills and past the ghost town (and old mining town) of Anaconda. The engine that pulls the two cars are coal fired, steam powered genuine articles of an era gone by. It belches real steam and cinders, and occasionally sets weeds on fire. (Promptly put out).

The trip is a little on the short side, but for 12 bucks, you can’t expect much more. The passenger cars are open, so you experience all of the sights and smells. They are also equipped with a sound system so that the conductor can narrate the journey. We learned quite a bit about the area, and saw all of places that you might hear about at other places around town.

We had a great time and I would do it again, but I suspect that unless they vary the route it could start to get boring after the second or third trip.
sylviandavid says:
Bill... this sounds fun..
Posted on: Nov 10, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Cripple Creek and Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad

Did you know the Root Beer Float was invented in Cripple Creek?
If you read my Rockies Rock blog under Denver Diversions, you know that I recently painted the outside of my house. It was desperately needed, but I was a bit resentful that I had to spend so much of…Cripple Creek and Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad. I love riding one old steam powered trains, and doing it the Colorado…
The Ladies of Cripple Creek, CO
Saturday, June 14, 2008   If I had given any thought the day before that I was sleeping in a supposedly haunted hotel on Friday the 13th, I might have been predisposed to turn innocent sounds …Cripple Creek and Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad, tour the Mollie Kathleen Mine, take the ghost tour that I had read…

Check Cripple Creek Hotel Deals