Crescent City Brewhouse

527 Decatur Street, New Orleans, LA, USA

Crescent City Brewhouse New Orleans Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
A good busy place for a meet-up Apr 24, 2008
Crescent City Brewhouse has only been here on this site since 1991, but the building has been here since the early 1700s. Burned to the ground in 1794 it was rebuilt and has seen many families, who used it as a home and then more recently for fur processing. Today it is a busy, pub-styled brewery and eatery with a very New Orleans style and menu to match.

We had our meetup here and although we had planned on having a much larger group the tables we were given for our early evening get together was sufficient for our needs. Everyone ordered and paid for their own meals, as did my wife and I. A few people had oysters on the half shelf and gave only a fair rating on them. My wife and I shared a meal of Shrimp Pappardelle, wide noodle pasta with jumbo gulf shrimp pan sauteed with crispy bacon, peas, and mushrooms in a creamy sauce of fresh basil and parmesan cheese. Again tonight it would have been much more than either one of us could have eaten by ourselves. The portions in New Orleans are huge. The meal was good without being excellent. The company around the table was better.

Related Travel Blogs About Crescent City Brewhouse

Jazzing It Up In N'awlins
  JAZZING IT UP IN N’AWLINS   I had the privilege of attending my 7th and 8th TravBuddy meetups the last week of April in both N'awlins and the Big Apple. 13 of us gathered in the…Crescent City Brewhouse on Decatur Street . Opened in 1991, it became the original brewpub in New Orleans and the first…

Check New Orleans Hotel Deals