Creme Cafe & Lounge

(202) 234-1884

Creme Cafe & Lounge Washington Reviews

kristennoelle9 kristenn…
Good food, service, and location Apr 06, 2013
I was happy to find out about Creme Cafe through an awesome deal on GroupOn. Located centrally on U St., it's a cute and cozy restaurant right in the midst of one of D.C.'s most popular hang out spots. There's a metro stop right down the street and it's surrounded by lots of funky bars.

I had a pretty good steak; the spinach that accompanied it had too many onions in it, but nonetheless a fulfilling meal. The prices aren't too high -- what you'd expect for the location. I would have loved to hear the band that was setting up as we were leaving. I'm not rushing to come back here but I would definitely like to come back one day.

(Visited October 2012)
HuBison HuBison
Unbelievable food-rich and full of flavor! Dec 13, 2010
I don't think it's often that I "highly" recommend a place unless I really enjoyed what I ate and wouldn't hesitate to go back. I am also not often a fan of American food, but I love the food here. The one word I always used to describe the food I eat here is "rich". The food is well prepared and I tend to always have meat when I go here, so I can't give you any insight on the salmon or other dishes.

It is a narrow place with seats on one side and the bar and kitchen on the other side. There is a small area in the front with tall stools and I think depending on the crowd, that area only hosts those eating dinner or could seat those who just want to chill and drink.

The atmosphere is smooth and modern and I enjoy myself everytime I go. It is in the U street corridor, so parking is always a hassle, but it is a block or 2 from the U street metro. Finish off dinner with some hot tea and I hope you enjoy your meal.

Check Washington Hotel Deals