Hunter's Square, Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Creelers Edinburgh Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Creelers Aug 13, 2011
Creelers is a fish restaurant on Hunters Square, just off the Royal Mile.  With pleasant, open rooms and lovely art on the walls, it is a relaxed place to eat lunch or dinner.  The colour scheme is a lovely open blue and green.   It’s also not all that expensive, considering how close it is to the heart of the Old Town tourist areas, although I can’t remember exactly what we spent because it was someone else’s treat.

The fish is very nice, and very fresh.  When we went, the service was excellent.  It is worth looking at the specials and fixed price menus, which when we went included mussels to start and I think Bream for the main course.  Lots of the fish is from more sustainable species, rather than the standard tuna/cod/haddock/salmon which is becoming over fished, and I am sure that if you weren’t familiar with a kind of fish the staff would be happy to make recommendations.

The restaurant is connected to a specialist smoke house on the Isle of Aran, and also supplies farmers markets, and so they focus on good ingredients cooked relatively simply.

To be honest, I completely forgot to even check if there were vegetarian options or meat – it’s certainly not what they specialise in.  Disabled access would be fine to the restaurant, although the toilets are downstairs and I forgot to check if there was a disabled toilet in the main room.  They have a nice website, however, and I am sure if you phoned ahead they could help you.

Check Edinburgh Hotel Deals