Creekside Restaurant

451 North Fourth Street, Highlands, NC, USA
Creekside Restaurant - Creekside Restaurant, Highlands, NC.
Creekside Restaurant - Breezeway between dining hall and front entrance.
Creekside Restaurant - My Chicken Gorgonzola salad.
Creekside Restaurant - Seated at Creekside.

Creekside Restaurant Highlands Reviews

vances vances
It’ll do Nov 27, 2014
In a town with so many fantastic eateries, the best thing I can say about Creekside is that it offers a good value for the money, and you will drop a LOT less here. Nothing terribly negative and fine for lunch, but nothing exceptional either. The menu featured standard fare, but was fairly expansive, so likely something for everybody.

One minor complaint was the mildly passive-aggressive service from my waitress. I was bombarded with a barrage of standard faux-friendly phrases which came off as anything but genuine. I think it was the combination of platitudes and heavy make-up that turned me off, though I honestly can’t complain the service was bad in any way beyond conversation.

I ordered a chicken gorgonzola salad, which sounded really good. And it wasn’t bad, but I should have guessed it would be rather basic. Neither complaints nor plaudits once again. Since it is easy to drop a fortune on meals in this town, Creekside makes for a nice diversion, but be sure to level set expectations first.
Creekside Restaurant, Highlands, N…
Seated at Creekside.
My Chicken Gorgonzola salad.
Breezeway between dining hall and …
Vikram says:
I'll save this discussion for some day when we meet face to face but having visited lots of rsnts both within and outside the US, I'm finding this politically correct platitudes thing becoming very common with waiters in most US rsnts, particularly commercial ones in big cities. On one hand you know they're being fake, but on the other you also feel for them as they're just saying what they're told to say!
Posted on: Dec 21, 2014