Crater of Diamonds

Crater of Diamonds Reviews

alohahula alohahula
Mining for gems May 22, 2009
Aloha from Arkansas!

My friend and I drove from Houston, Texas to Arkansas to visit the "Crater of Diamonds" Park. We checked into Motel 8 in the city of Hope, had a great night's rest, then on to the park.

Admissions to the actual field to mine for gems is $7 per adult. Of course we needed to purchase our digging tools while the locals came prepared with boots, buckets and their tools from home. So, we walked aross an open muddy field dotted with puddles galore. Took off my sandals and allowed the mud to marry my toes. Picked a spot and started to dig away. Got excited for every single thing that didn't look like mud. After around 2 hours, I had my "thngs" in my brown paper bag analysed by an expert. Today I have a lovey rock collection to take home to Hawai'i. No gems of course!! It was a fun experience and quite good physical therapy bending and digging. Great way to get your daily dose of Vitamin D.

The Gin & Tonic after the dig eased my tired muscles from all that bending, squatting and digging.

Aloha
travelman727 says:
Nice review!
Posted on: Jun 26, 2009
bernard69 says:
very informative review,sorry for u! but as I often say to my wife,diamonds are only carbon:))))
Posted on: May 22, 2009