Crash Palace Backpackers Hostel Rotorua

Crash Palace Backpackers Hostel Rotorua Rates and Deals

Crash Palace Backpackers Hostel Rotorua Reviews

betsybotanical betsybot…
Great experience:) Nov 16, 2014
It was easy to find and in a great location to go the blue Bath or museum. or polynesian spa! rotorua is one of my fav destinations beacause I'm a geothermal junkie! Ha:) I loved the central table room for planning. I used the hot tub but not the kitchen. The former was great. I stayed in a single room that was nice for resting.. no tv. I found while travelin NZ that the hostel system usually had an economic single room in addition to traditional style dorms and 3 or 4 plex rooms.I opted for single private room and share bath. If you opt for bath or toilet in the room that is called ensuite and will cost more than single room share bath:) I stayed in some amazing hostels in NZ and would recommend the crash Palace:)
sshaunaa sshaunaa
Laid back hostel with paper thin walls Jan 02, 2011
Date: 2 and 3 January 2010

Check-in: Chris, the attendant at the front desk is super friendly. helpful and can book any activities that you may want to do. Check-in was fast and easy. Arriving just after 1pm and my single room was available, which was nice. I thought I'd have to wait all afternoon.

Location: The hostel is located less than a five minute walk from the Polynesian Spa and about 7-8 minutes from the town's I-Site (information centre). Since the hostel isn't on a main street, there's very little to no traffic noise.

Facilities: The facilities include a big lounge room with lots of movies, well equipped kitchen, inside sitting area with four tables and chairs, outside lounging area and outdoor spa (hot tub). The toilets and showers are in different rooms, with on toilet per room (i.e. no stalls which is a nice change!). The shower near my room had a shower (with lots of hot water) and a sink. There seems to be enough toilets and showers as I didn't have to wait to use either of them.

Room: I stayed in a single room which was tiny, but had a single bed, desk and chair and a night table with lamp. The mattress was really disappointing as it seems to be a large piece of foam that you sink into when you lay in it. I woke up with a really sore back in the morning. The other negative regarding the rooms is the lack of soundproofing. I woke up to people walking back and forth in front of my room, creaking floors and shutting doors. The room was really hot and wihtout a fan or air conditioning, the only way to let air in was through the windows. The window faced the outside lounge area, so in the evening (well past midnight), I was awake from the noise coming from outside.

Overall experience: The atmosphere at the hostel was laid back with lots of people coming and going for a smaller hostel. The facilities were great, but the noise both at night and during the morning didn't allow me to get much sleep at "Crash Palace".
staceyjamie staceyja…
I was sad to leave- excellent place guys Jul 14, 2010
Crash palace does not look like much from the outside, nor is it a particulary fancy place. But was it may lack in overall appearance, it makes up for in charm, excellent staff, helpfulness, clean and welll maintained facilities and location. Crash palace is everything a travel weary-road warrior wants in a backpackers. Friendly, homely, clean and the people make you feel instantly welcome. I was actually sad to leave and wish I could have stayed longer. Chris, Toni ( and new bubba),Mel, Rich and everyone else who helps to make this place what is is. Thank you so much, it was just what I needed, and I look forward to returning some day

Crash Palace Backpackers Hostel Rotorua Overview

Located in Rotorua on Hinemaru Street, Crash Palace Backpackers is within easy walking distance to the city's points of interests such as Kuirau Park, St Faiths Church, Ohinemutu Marae and Redwood Forest. All 20 rooms at the hotel are well appointed and are equipped with modern amenities such as kitchen, washing machine, mini bar, DVD player and a hairdryer for guests' convenience. Guests can start the day with delicious breakfast served in the relaxing atmosphere of the breakfast room at Crash Palace Backpackers in Rotorua. The bar is an ideal place to chill out with an exotic drink after a busy day.

Crash Palace Backpackers Hostel Amenities