Cracow Hostel

Check Krakow Hotel Deals

Cracow Hostel Krakow Reviews

tombom07 tombom07
Best location for a hostel in Krakow Jan 27, 2013
I arrived really late due to messing up my trains so I got buzzed into the hostel & checked in pretty quickly. The girl on reception was very straight to the point but I found that that's just the Polish way. She explained the house rules to me as we walked up the stairs (there are a lot of stairs & no elevator) although I couldn't really hear her.

The staff were quite friendly & helpful although misinformed me on one occasion about how long it takes to get to the Auschwitz camp & that led to me missing the last English speaking tour of the day, which I was a bit annoyed about but I also could have gone earlier in the day so I can't totally blame them!

I stayed in an 8-bed dorm, which was really presentable & very clean. It had lockers for each bed. My mattress was a bit springy but I changed it with another one that was a lot more comfortable. Shared bathrooms were at the end of the hall & were also clean. There is free wifi & a few free computers (a couple of them didn't work very well) to use.

Free breakfast is served on a morning; cereal, breads, spreads, tea, coffee. There is also a kitchen that is available to use so you can cook the eggs provided with breakfast or cook your own meals at any time of day. The lounge/kitchen area has plenty of tables & couches to relax in. It's a good place to meet other guests. There's also a stereo, TV, DVDs to use & if I recall correctly there is also a pool/snooker table in the opposite hall.

The hostel is located right on the main square of the city centre (near St. Mary's church & the town hall clock tower) so it is in a prime spot. It is possibly the best located hostel for a city that I have ever stayed in. It is also secure as there are a couple of gates you have to pass to get into the hostel area of the building & reception is manned 24 hours.

Cracow hostel is a great hostel in a fantastic location. Krakow is a beautiful city & if I ever go back I would stay at Cracow Hostel again. Great value for money too!

Cracow Hostel Overview

Situated in the Kazimierz, the Cracow Hostel is five minutes from Julius Slowacki Theatre, House of Jan Matejko and Holy Cross Church. The hostel is set in the centre of Krakow and is within an easy walk from Czartoryski Museum, Wolf Popper Synagogue and Galeria Krakowska. The area is well-known for shopping.

The Cracow Hostel's neighbourhood is a popular nightlife destination and you'll be spoilt for choice deciding on which place to go.

Check Krakow Hotel Deals