Cracker Barrel

5720 Maccorkle Avenue Southeast, Charleston, WV, USA - (304) 925-6004

Cracker Barrel Charleston Reviews

HuBison HuBison
It's Cracker Barrel, can you really go wrong with the food? Service coulda been better Jun 18, 2011
A pit stop to Cracker Barrel will give you a variety of options (unless it's an hour before closing in a small town and then the kitchen might be running low on options).

We were greeted by a cheerful little lady and shown to a table in a nearly empty restaurant. They all look the same, they all have the same store and they all sell rocking chairs out front.

My mouth was watering for roast beef when I saw it on the menu, but the kitchen no longer had any and I settled on the catfish. It was served with mashed potatoes (boxed ones) and I ordered dumplings and gravy (which I am now a fan of never having had tried them before-yum). The biscuit was gross and the cornbread tasted like plain cornmeal. After a small nibble, I couldn't have reached for my glass of lemonade any faster so as to wash the taaste and remaining crumbs off my mouth. If I had had a tongue brush, that's what I would have used to ensure none were stuck on my mouth-who woulda thought youda been traumatized by cornbread-ick! DO NOT ORDER THE CORNBREAD OR THE BISCUITS!!! Ever!

For a road trip and a quick stop, this place offers lots of food at a good price. I even read a blog of a road trip that stopped at Cracker Barrel for most of their meals-I mean, there ARE everywhere.
Sensory overload!
Catfish, apples, mash potatoes and…

Related Travel Blogs About Cracker Barrel

Driving in the rain on a mountain with curvy moves is not the greatest idea
Well, my friend Kim and I left DC and headed SW to Lexington , KY and for most of the 8 hour drive, it rained, then it stopped, then it poured, then it stopped, then it drizzled, then it stopped, the…Cracker Barrel in Charleston, WV (as we knew we would not get to our hotel til past mindnight and it was a strange…

Check Charleston Hotel Deals