Cracker Barrel

2281 E Florence Boulevard, Casa Grande, AZ, USA

Cracker Barrel Casa Grande Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Good Home Style cooking Nov 13, 2010
The Cracker Barrel took precedence over all the other places we saw, it was Maria’s choice. I was excited to see what they had to offer since I had never eaten at one of them. I was surprised to find out that there are many other Cracker Barrel locations nation wide as I, had never heard of them.

In Arizona alone, there are twelve Cracker Barrel restaurants in twelve different cities including Buckeye, Casa Grande, Glendale, Flagstaff, Goodman, Kingman, Mesa, Peoria, Phoenix (2), Tucson and Yuma. As you enter the restaurant, you actually enter the gift shop first, filled with a lot of 'Old Time' curios and items from the 50's and 60's. When all was said and done, I was thankful for the more traditional breakfast they provided (the good country cooking), and the game that they put on the table to entertain us while we waited for our orders.

Don’t ask me to tell you what the game is called: I don’t know and I did not ask. Maria on the other hand seemed to have an idea of what it was because she literally gave me guidelines and spelled out the rules of the game (smile!) The idea was to move one pin at a time and then cross over the one left across, at the end of the game you should only have one pin standing and you are a genius. Two pins and you are darn good, three pins and you are ‘silly’ for luck of a better word. I stopped at three each time (smile!)while Maria made it to two pins, which was amazing.

Our breakfast was very traditional and included the basics – eggs, pancakes and sausage. I guess I should have taken one of their menus as a souvenir because I can hardly remember what I ate. I seem to think I ordered the sausage and pancakes but took some of Maria’s hash browns. The table next to us had a whole big family: they ordered a whole lot from the menu. Some of the more famous dishes like smoked country ham, grits and buttermilk biscuits looked so appealing. I noticed that the blueberry pancakes were on demand and a much older crown was at this location.

As a recommendation, I would say this is a great family place to bring little ones as well as the more older folks. The youth are probably not going to like it too much if what I saw in Casa Grand is the usual crowd. But food is food, it does not segregate by age. I flatter myself that I can still fit in well with the teenage crowd and have a more popular outlook on things. Past that, this is a great dining place for both breakfast, lunche and dinners. I have not chanced to have a full meal so I can not attest to how ‘great’ it was, but looking at the menu, one got a pretty good idea what to expect.

The cashier at the restaurant seemed well informed, he even advised that if we wanted to make a stop at another of the cracker barrels up in Flagstaff, we could look up the menu online ahead of time and decide what we wanted to eat and this would save us time on arrival.
ccjbeachbum says:
old faithfull -cracker barrel lol
dahling says:
I also loved Cracker Barrel, but actually find it a little expensive. Doubt country folks could afford this cooking ;)
Thanks for bringing back those memories
Africancrab says:
Jbartz11, sorry to hear about your ordeal, sounds more like the issue had nothing to do with food and service.

Related Travel Blogs About Cracker Barrel

A Journey of a Thousand Miles
Independence Day (July 04, 2008): United States celebrates so many years of Independence. A national holiday of this kind has for years drawn fireworks and nostalgia for a nation with so much to be t…Casa Grande • The Cracker Barrel took precedence over all the other places we saw, it was Maria’s choice. I was excited…

Check Casa Grande Hotel Deals