Cozy Corner Hotel

Check Placencia Hotel Deals

Cozy Corner Hotel Placencia Reviews

chris-in-sf chris-in…
Will do in a pinch, but I would not consider it Cozy Jan 25, 2010
You like barren concrete rooms with no character? This is the place for you!

I decided to stay in Placencia an extra 2 days because I loved it so much. Our first chosen hotel only had 1 extra night for me, so I had to move elsewhere...

$50 a night was what I was looking for, and it was fine for a night. The sheets and bathroom were clean, but I would really recommend staying elsewhere.

I had read a review about their huge balconies with hammocks. Well when I asked about the hammock, I was told they were only on the third floor rooms, almost twice as much $$$. lame.

When we stayed next door at Ranguana, the rooms faced the ocean and it really cools down the rooms at night. However, these rooms face north/south, no breeze, room didn't cool down even with the fans on.

I can also see noise being a real factor here, they have a busy onsite bar, the Tipsy Tuna (lame sports bar) next door, and construction on the other side. Go here as a last resort.

I also got really mixed feelings from the staff, one was friendly, the rest were really not. Note also the picture I attached, that tells you about all you need to know about the ownership...
sylviandavid says:
Thanks for your review... for the record I don't like concrete walls.... good review.... sylvia
Posted on: Jan 27, 2010