Cozumel is for Divers

Cozumel, Mexico

Cozumel is for Divers Reviews

voordax voordax
May 24, 2007
Okay, so this is kind of a negative review, but keep in mind that I am reviewing this because I am not a diver and I have no idea what the reefs look like. Don't get me wrong, I love the water and I snorkel (I didn't do that either though and that might have changed my opinion) I just haven't convinced myself, or been convinced that it's worth all the effort to strap on tanks and all that jazz.

Nevertheless, I decided to take the ferry over from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel and do some sightseeing over there. Well, I was pretty much disappointed. There wasn't much there, lots of touristy trap type shops (of which there are plenty in Playa del Carmen and Cancun) a tiny mall (with more of the same) and nothing terribly interesting to me.

So my advice? If you're not planning to dive or snorkel, stay mainland side. There's a lot more to do there.
HuBison says:
Likewise, I don't imagine I am going to do a lot of diving or snorkeling (not my thing although I know there are great spots there), but really just want to vegetate and be lazy for a few days.
Posted on: May 05, 2013

Related Travel Blogs About Cozumel is for Divers

learning to scuba
Cozumel is where I became a certified diver.  Although it took away from the vacation a little, since I was in a classrom setting for all of one day.  I did not get to see the sites everyon…Cozumel is where I became a certified diver.  Although it took away from the vacation a little, since…

Check Cozumel Hotel Deals