Coyote Bluff Cafe

2417 South Grand Street, Amarillo, TX, USA

Coyote Bluff Cafe Amarillo Reviews

pav79 pav79
Small place, big flavor Jul 24, 2010
I heard about this place after watching Man vs Food on the Travel Channel. As someone who enjoys spicy food, when Adam showed what the restaurant calls "The Burger from Hell," I was determined to try it when I found myself driving through Amarillo. Though most people tend to visit the Big Texan, a steak house made popular by a gazillion signs on the highway claiming to give away free 72-oz steaks...if you eat the whole thing in a certain amount of time of course, I highly recommend this small cafe only a short drive south off Interstate 40.

Hoping to avoid the lunch crowds I still find myself waiting outside at 2pm, a mere 30 minutes prior to them closing the afternoon shift. When I finally get seated it doesn't take me long to order, especially since when you get inside the place the menu is on a big chalk board for all to see. Of course I go with the Burger from Hell, a half-pound of lean ground beef with tabasco, fresh sauteed jalapenos, lettuce, tomato, grill onions, and a special habenaria sauce. I opted not to get an order of chili cheese fries, because I saw someone else order them and they were served on a small pizza tray! Just a note about them, they are not the traditional Texas chili cheese fries but have sort of a New Mexico twist with green chili. Though I didn't get them they looked amazing. So yea, the burger. The flavor was absolutely amazing. The heat was definitely noticeable, and not to brag but I am someone who can stand a good amount of heat in my food. I do caution someone who may venture down this culinary road. Do not whipe sweat or tears anywhere around your eyes when you have burger grease on them. I did this. This was not good. My eyes were still burning a half hour after completing the burger!

I have had millions of burgers in my life, as have most people. This was, hands-down, the best burger I have ever had. Don't think so? Go try one next time you're in Amarillo.
The Burger from Hell. Coyote Bluff…

Check Amarillo Hotel Deals