Cowboys Barbeque and Steak

Cowboys Barbeque and Steak - The menu

Cowboys Barbeque and Steak Okeechobee Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Huge portions and a super friendly service Apr 05, 2012
I was staying in Okeechobee at the Holiday Inn Hotel and on the way there I had passed a Steak house named Cowboys and I had noticed that the parking lot was completely full. I asked in the reception at the hotel if the steakhouse was good and she confirmed. The Cowboys Barbeque and Steak was only 1,5 km down the road and I was there in less than five minutes.

I was lucky to find a parking spot and I entered the long line of people getting in but after 5 minutes I was seated. The interior was like entering a rodeo with stable walls and even the lamps in the ceiling were cowboy hats. I was seated at a 4-person table and after being neglected for about 10 minutes I was approached by the sweetest waitress in ages. Her name was Crystal and she cute as a button and she was so sorry that I had been waiting so she promised to take good care of me the rest of the evening and she surely did.

I started by looking at the menu and ordered a Yuengling draft. My sweet Crystal came back with two beers in jam jars and small talked some more. It turned out that all beverages were served in jam jars and it was double up on beers on Thursdays! The Yuengling was actually quite good.

I decided to start with fried green tomatoes, which is something that I really enjoy but get way too seldom. The green tomatoes were mouth watering and I really loved them; they were extremely hot but with some of the cold sauce, they were fabulous. Before I had finished I was served a giant plate with my main dish; 400g of Angus ribeye-steak with loads of mushrooms and onions. As side orders there were six fried shrimps, french-fries, coleslaw and mac-n-cheese.

The meal was humongous and I had to concentrate on the good stuff and leave the mac-cheese some of the mushroom and onion; there were simply too much food. The steak was right in the closet; it was fabulous and the right size for a steak almost too large but also grilled in a nice way over open flames.

The food had been awesome and the service even better, so I really enjoyed my stay there.
Fried Green Tomatoes
My Steak with Coleslaw and Cheese …
The inside entrance
The entrance outside
freshxthisx says:
Fried Green Toms. ..very common in the South. Also Fried Dill Pickles.. In the South they fry up just about everything!! :)))))
Posted on: Aug 19, 2012