Covent Gardens

London, England

Covent Gardens London Reviews

kat_mac27 kat_mac27
spring in the Gardens Jun 11, 2008
I have been to Covent Gardens, in the centre of London, a couple of times now and ech time my experience has been totally different. The first time I went I had read nothing about it and I had limited time so we just wandered aimlessly until we had to move on. I wish I had stopped for a beer at the Punch and Judy themed bar overlooking the square. I did get to browse in the shops, notably the Tea shop where you can sample hot and cold infusions for free (we tried them all at least twice).

There were also stalls selling everything from art to mirrors to honey to hats and then some. But to be honest they weren't the cheapest, it was very much aimed at moneybag tourists.

My favourite aspect was the buskers! Some were great, others not so much, but they were all definitely performers and it was very entertaining to watch. Also, while I was there in April it was the spring celebration. Two giant peacocks made out of flowers and organic materials had been erected at the entrance. There was also a small vegie patch on the tube station side which had a scarecrow (disappointingly it wasn't a real person). I read later that the patch was designed to teach city dwellers how to grow food in limited space which I thought was a fantastic idea.

Covent Gardens is good for a quick stroll or a whole day, it reminds us why we are so in love with London.
peppertm peppertm
May 07, 2005
This is an area featuring a market hall, shops, cafes, restaurants, and arts and crafts stalls. You’ll also find the Opera House here.

Related Travel Blogs About Covent Gardens

Free day in London!
My first day in London seemed to be beginning well. If we're not counting the dreadful queue for breakfast that is. I was keen on spending some time in the museums this time and being so close to Ken…London - Covent Garden! I love this place, it's the friendliest cosiest place. I always make it a point to come…
knp
Spaniards Invade London
So, lets fast foreward this...the Spaniards decide to come to London last weekend (7th-8th july 2007)   Fri night, we sat at the house in golders green, (London) drinking before we went out.&n…covent garden, (London) and to a club called Guaranabara (Brazillian).   That was quite good. We danced and owned the club…
London - morning markets, Florence Nightingale museum and a random unplanned evening
The more I visit London, the more I want to mix it up - visit the old and the new. The new, or rather, new-ish came in the form of Golborne Road. This is known as Little Morocco to some and is famed …London - Covent Garden ! I know it's a tourist trap but it turns it on for me... always! Walking into…

Check London Hotel Deals