Couscous Darna

306 Earls Court Road, London, United Kingdom

Couscous Darna London Reviews

DAO DAO
Legendary Feb 04, 2017
Just approaching this restaurant as you walk down the street, you can see it really stands out. The amazingly decorative exterior and sheesha smoking area is just a prelude to the amazing décor inside. Amazing tile surfaces, a decorative bar, brass doors, intricate metal tables and beautiful soft furnishings. Just the interior is a knock out. The beautiful belly dancer passing me in the stairs (I was dinning late) nearly knocked me out. The nice waitresses made sure I had everything I needed and a nice Casablanca beer was produced while I looked over a very interesting menu. After I ordered I just had to take pictures, which will never truly due this beautiful restaurant justice.

When my food arrived I was very impressed. My starter, Selection Of Briouats, was fried pastry parcel and I knew that it would be. It still packed great flavour and I loved every bite. You get 3 (wording from their menu): Filled with chicken &

mushroom, shrimps with charmoula and vegetables with fresh herbs, Served with harissa flavored youghurt. Great quality and taste!

Then my main meal arrived. The signature "Couscous Darna”. The menu says it all: “Traditional Morocan fluffy couscous, served with lamb Shank, kefta skewers and charcoal grill merguez, with seasonal vegetables broth, harissa, & sweet chickpeas”.

Essentially a mixed grill with vegetables and sauce poured (by me) over couscous. What else? Gorgeous. Between the ambiance and the cuisine – Legendary. My meat was grilled over a real charcoal grill. In fact it set the fire alarm off briefly. Every bite was a delight. Every one.

I was fortunate enough to have booked on the Top Table website. Whether you get a deal or not – Darna is an adventure in quality North African dinning. The owner is from Fez in Morocco and he is passionate about making sure the staff are on their toes and making sure customers are looked after – inside and outside. ‘Darna’ means ‘our Home’. I wish I had a house this beautiful.

I really enjoyed my experience here and I will definitely eat (and drink) here again.

It doesn’t matter if you are a solo business traveller like I am, a romantic couple or even a family, this is a great evening.

Well done!