Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Capital

1018 Apalachee Pkwy, Tallahassee, FL, USA
Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Capital - Bistro
Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Capital - Front desk - lobby
Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Capital - Front of hotel
Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Capital - Sprinkler in the wall with a sign saying not to hang coat hangers on it
Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Capital - Bob on the bed

Check Tallahassee Hotel Deals

Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee Capital Reviews

grandmar grandmar
They Have you over a Barrel May 04, 2017
This is a typical big city hotel, which touts the location (which is good) and appears to be a very fancy, but which does not supply the amenities which any medium priced chain hotel will have. The front desk people were a little clueless.

There is a balcony, but there is not one single luggage rack. We had to get a table from the balcony to put a suitcase on - the rest had to be put on the floor.

The beds were so high off the ground that I had great difficulty getting into them. There were no mirrors in the room. I had to go into the bathroom to brush my hair.

The bathroom had a strange configuration with the toilet and shower in a separate section. But there was only one waste basket and it was in the sink area. It shouldn't be that much of a problem to supply another waste basket it the toilet area.

I had a shower and another deficiency of this hotel has been revealed - the bathtub is very slippery and there is only one grab bar. I wanted to wash my hair and it was hard for me - normally if I can use a hand held shower I don't need an actual handicapped room, but this was a fixed shower head and when I leaned back to get my hair wet it made me dizzy and so I stopped tilting my head back and got soap in my eyes.

Food is very costly from the Bistro.

The room was clean (and the cleaning staff were cheerful), and the internet was satisfactory. There was a mini-fridge. But all these things are available at the Hampton Inn, which also has a free breakfast.

The real problem was the price. On the weekends of FSU graduation, the room prices increase 400%. The day before graduation the base price was $124/night. On the nights of graduation the price went up to $612/night (including taxes and fees). They do this because they can - people who want to go to graduation have to pay, and pay through the nose.
Front of hotel