Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown

Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown Rates and Deals

Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A nice downtown hotel Apr 15, 2011
It was the back end of my stay in Florida and this was the part of the trip that was not the work related. I had therefore planned to fly in and out of Florida via Miami because I really wanted to visit Key West as one of my major goals of my personal stay. It was not that I had the possibility to stay long but I had two nights in Miami.

I had not searched much for a hotel because finding the hotel had been done through the travel agency of my work I had only specified that I wanted to stay downtown Miami. The hotel they came up with was the Marriott, which turned out to be quite okay for me given the fact that I had no knowledge what so ever about the city.

I arrived from Turnpike, which I had followed southwards for about an hour after having driven along the coast for the most of the day. The hotel was only situated a few hundred meters from the motorway but I still managed to pass the hotel in my first attempt to find a parking space. It turned out that the hotel naturally had its own parking, which I managed to enter in the second attempt around the building.

The hotel was quite large but had been built some years ago judged by the look and feel of it. I parked the car in the intermediate area and went to the reception which was a small standing desk operated by a sweet and kind young woman. She quickly found my reservation and cave me a room on the 9th floor and explained me the roles of the hotel parking that set me back 15$ a day that was quite okay for a parking.

I drove my car up in the parking and took my gear out of the car. Luckily the elevator was just next to the car parking entrance because I had actually already accumulated a lot of luggage on this trip.

The first impression of the halls, elevators and the parking were still stuck in my mind; this had once been a grand hotel but the wear and tear had been hard on it; it certainly didn’t have the class it once had. The decorations were all in a design line that reminded me of a chili decorated yellow plate that you use to serve chips on to a beach party; the yellow walls fitted quite well to that impression.

My room turned out to be quite nice; as a European I am always amazed about a couple of things when I enter an American hotel room. The first thing that strikes me is the size of the rooms that usually are large and after European standard they are really huge. The second is the quality of the beds that very often are huge too and very comfortable and the third thing is the boring quality and design of the bathroom and this hotel fitted pretty well in the stereo type that I just mentioned.

The room had also a nice balcony overlooking the hotel pool, which was on the 6th floor but hardly used; well as saw it the two days I stayed at the hotel. You cant really otherwise talk about a view from the balcony because otherwise I was looking at some neighbouring houses and roofs of lower buildings filled with air condition appliances or water reservoirs.

In the neighborhood I later found some good Columbian and Brazilian bars and restaurants, otherwise it was a business area where most of the restaurants were closed during the evening, but all in all it was a good hotel and would not mind staying there again.
The bathroom
Chokk says:
Thanks :D
Posted on: Aug 16, 2011
Vioweil says:
Definitely a great review! Even if it's hard to believe that I'll visit Miami someday, thanks for the very useful information you share on TB!
Posted on: Aug 16, 2011

Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown Overview

The museums and unique shopping venues of Miami are just blocks from the Courtyard Hotel Downtown Miami, offering the leisurely guest a great deal of sightseeing flexibility and window shopping experiences. The working group are within five miles of the Miami Beach Conference Center, as well as the key business and government districts of the city. Everglades Park Airboat Rides, Dolphin Stadium, Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Coconut Grove, Grace Museum of Archaeology and Natural History, and Bayside Marketplace are just a few of the nearby attractions available to the leisurely guest. The airport is within a few minutes' drive of the Courtyard Hotel Downtown Miami, and shuttle service is provided. Car parking is also available onsite.

Guests of the Courtyard Hotel Downtown Miami are offered complimentary high speed Internet access, satellite television service, room service, and valet laundry.

The Courtyard Hotel Downtown Miami offers onsite dining, a fitness center, a travel desk, generous business and conference facilities, and a rooftop swimming pool.

Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown Amenities

• Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower