Courtyard by Marriott Downtown

Check Toronto Hotel Deals

Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Toronto Reviews

Kanw_1 Kanw_1
Disappointed with our stay at this hotel May 26, 2014
We stayed at this hotel for 3 days in the first week of July. I have travelled far and wide and have stayed at many hotels and I am not difficult to please. So this is just an honest review based on my experience without any prejudice. I do not write negative reviews unless I feel the genuine need to and don't like doing so without a reason.

Frankly , the hotel is just average and basic for the price you pay, the location is great with easy access to great shopping and restaurants within walking distance. Please try the thai restaurant that is bang opposite to the hotel, it serves great food at a reasonable cost.

As for the hotel itself, the maintenance of the rooms is extremely poor, we found many things which were broken and were not fixed, although this did not bother us that much , there are certain expectations when you pay a certain price for comfort and this hotel did not deliver.

And if the management is reading this, please train your staff to be a little pleasant to the guests, most of the staff came across as very indifferent. It goes to say a lot about the hotel when the staff go one step ahead to take care of their guest, we did not find that here. For example no one bothers to help when you just arrive tired and need some help with you baggage, we saw this not only with ourselves but with other guests, the least they can do is help with the trolleys, but for the first time in my life I had to grab a trolley myself and load and unload my own bags myself.

Not to say that this was the case with all the staff, the cleaning staff was extremely pleasant, the guys who checked us in came across as helpful and cheerful and the lady at the valet counter was a help. But over all most of the staff needs to be trained on customer service, you just get that general feeling when you are here.

And please spend some time on maintenance especially in the rooms which is your bread winner, how can you neglect basic maintenance?

Would consider staying here again only for the location and nothing else, and oh yeah your parking charges are ridiculous, you should be ashamed not to offer parking to your guests even if it downtown for the rates you charge for the room.

Check Toronto Hotel Deals