Courtyard New Orleans Downtown - French Quarter

Check New Orleans Hotel Deals

Courtyard New Orleans Downtown - French Quarter Reviews

Elaine_Schulz Elaine_S…
A Great location May 03, 2013
Location was less than a block off Canal Street. It was kept quite clean. They had a coin operated laundry for guests to use. which came in very handy. The bed was nice. The bathroom was a little small. While we had booked this room for three adults with breakfast, when we went for breakfast one morning we could only have two adult breakfasts and one child breakfast. The staff were polite and very helpful. They had a little shop on the ground floor for those little things that you needed. The street car line was just out side. Lovely place to stay and I would return here again.
Smiles Smiles
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown - French Quarter Aug 21, 2011
I stayed here for a weekend in June and while it was a few blocks away from the French Quarter, in a great location, the room itself were incredibly small ...similar to a cruise ship cabin in my opinion. The bathroom was small as well. But this is New Orleans so who really spends time in their hotel room.

But just a heads-up, if you do decide to spend sometime in your room, be forewarned that the rooms themselves have no outside windows, which I thought was odd. They do, however, have a window facing out into an interior courtyard (my blinds remained close so that no one could look into my room) though, so it isn't as if you feel claustrophobic in the room. Still, I would have preferred an outside window.

The 30-dollar a night mandatory valet charge, in my opinion, was not worth it. We drove from Atlanta late Thursday evening and arrived at the hotel 1am and had to wait 30 minutes before our car was parked at an offsite location. The same happened at checkout...a 30-minute wait to have the car brought to us.

I have to say though that I love New Orleans but I would not stay here again. I will be going back to New Orleans this Halloween so we will have to see how the Doubletree fairs.
HuBison says:
Aww-sorry this place sucked so bad. Glad for the review--won't stay here if I ever go back.
Posted on: Aug 22, 2011