Courtyard Hotel Airport South Portland

Courtyard Hotel Airport South Portland Rates and Deals

Courtyard Hotel Airport South Portland Reviews

jamartin39 jamartin…
A night in the Nov 30, 2011
I spent the night in Portland Maine which is Maine's largest city and booked two rooms at the Courtyard by Marriott near the Portland Jet Port.

When I arrived I found out that one of my reservations was cancelled accidentally (I booked through a third party). The front desk manager was great though and it was not a big deal because the hotel was nowhere near capacity. Trust me though I would have been more upset if there were no other rooms available, although that was not the hotels fault. I reserved a second room with my card and he allowed me to check into my room two hours earlier than the posted check in time. Not only that but when I arrived he applied a AAA discount which brought down my room price just a little bit more and I was pleased that he had asked because I had forgotten about the AAA discount. Another plus was that even though I reserved the room on my card I explained to him that the room was for my aunt and he said it wouldn't be a problem for her to check in, and it wasn't. I headed toward the mall which was almost right next door and my aunt called to let me know she and another aunt had checked into the hotel with no problems.

The location is great, right next door to the mall, right down the street from the airport, and not too far from the Amtrak and bus station (Portland Transit Center).

The rooms I booked were spacious and clean, the downside was the people above us sounded like a herd of elephants and our rooms were close to the vending area for the floor so my aunts and I despite being in two different rooms could hear the ice machine drop ice all night.

In the morning my aunts went down to the breakfast area for breakfast and the hotel just applied it to the room for convenience. They came back upstairs to gather our things and begin the check out process. My check out process was simple because I prepaid, my aunts rooms was supposed to be prepaid as well but as I mentioned earlier the second reservation was accidentally cancelled. So my aunt went to go check out and her bill was not ready, we were pressed for time because we had to get my other aunt to an appointment so she asked the manager to call over to the breakfast area to check on her bill. I know it was early morning and it was a busy time but the manager started getting annoyed and flustered, he may have been having a bad day and everyone is allowed but to lose your professionalism in front of a customer is uncalled for.

I recommend the hotel, but make sure to get a room further away from the vending section for your floor cause it can be a long noisy night if you're a light sleeper.
Ils1976 says:
Congrats on your featured review! :)
Posted on: Dec 25, 2011

Courtyard Hotel Airport South Portland Overview

Only 3 miles from the Portland Jetport, minutes from the Maine Mall, and less than 1 mile from I-95 and 295, Courtyard by Marriott Portland Airport, a Platinum Award property, is the perfect location for shopping, site-seeing, or visiting a corporate client. Sebago Brewing Company Restaurant, a local favorite, is just a short walk across the street. Fairpoint, Fairchild, Unum, and Hannaford are among the businesses within minutes of our door. Visit nearby beaches, dine on Lobster, and experience the friendly service that keeps people returning. Free Shuttle available on request to Airport, area offices, and restaurants within a 5 mile radius.

All Courtyard by Marriott Hotels in the USA and Canada have a smoke-free policy that applies to guest rooms, restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms, public space and associate work areas. To accommodate the needs of smoking guests, hotels will have designated smoking areas outside of the property. Rates are based on double occupancy. Charges for extra adults may apply and will be due directly to the hotel.

Courtyard Hotel Airport Amenities

• Facsimile
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower