Country Skillet

US 2, Shelby, MT, USA

Country Skillet Shelby Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
Great dinner - even better waiter! Jun 19, 2010
Much like the Iron Skillet Restaurants we have stopped into on our trips this Country Skillet is a part of a large truck stop, gas station, convenience store, and this one even had a small casino (about a dozen slot machines). And because the casino had been added the buffet section of the restaurant had been eliminated. It made for a much smaller and cozier place to eat. About a half dozen stools at the counter and I think about eight tables. Yes, this is another of the truck stop variety that we do enjoy eating in, and tonight there was even more reasons. The waiter, note I said waiter, was an older gentleman with a big smile, a quick lip, and was there to serve his customers from the moment they sat down until they paid their tab and left. He was there with a fresh pot of coffee in one hand and good silly comment on his lips and a big smile about every two minutes. He bent over backwards to check on whether they still had some baked potatoes, and make sure our meal was exactly the way we liked it, with enough butter on the potato, sugar or sweet and low for the coffee, lemon for my wife’s fish, and my meat was cooked just right. I think there were about six other folks eating when we were there and he had fun comments going the whole time with all of them. He also had a running conversation with the cook that kept everyone in stitches trying to get orders out quicker and doubling up on portions. We had more fun eating there that night than we had had during our whole road trip. Oh, and the meal was quite inexpensive, even with the large tip we left.

Check Shelby Hotel Deals